Personal Coaching - Posted by Mike

Posted by Jack on April 20, 2006 at 16:56:05:

To scrap your whole deal of investing in real estate, because of some nut’s idea of personal coaching is stupidity personified. Investing in R.E. does not depend on some Guru’s idea of personal coaching. It’s like any other busines. You look at the posibilities and the rewards and go from there. If that is what you really think then you are much better off getting out. On the olther hand if you really want to succeed, just do it. If you want to know how, keep on reading here and look at the archives. It’s up to you.

Personal Coaching - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on January 20, 2006 at 14:15:26:

Has anybody paid for a personal coaching program and reeived results? I can either pay for an 8 week ($2600), or a 1 year ($5000) program to be taught by a highly succesful guru. Any suggestions? And please, only people who have done this. Thank you.

Re: Personal Coaching - Posted by Gus

Posted by Gus on March 12, 2006 at 17:05:14:

In my opinion, the only investor that may and I empasize may need personal coaching is one who just cannot get off the dime and do his first deal. for whatever reason he just won’t do it. He is a person who has so much fear or lack of experience that he cannot do it himself. That person may and again I emphasize may get some benefit from personal coaching. Most personal coaching offered by so called Gurus is practically wothless and the investor or potential investor would be much better off putting the several thousands of dollars cost in to their first propery.

Re: Personal Coaching - Posted by CHRIS IN FL

Posted by CHRIS IN FL on March 10, 2006 at 15:31:53:

MIKE, DON’T SPEND THE MONEY ON COACHING, BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN SCRAP R.E. INVESTING AS BS ALTOGETHER. R.E. INVESTING WORKS, BUT NOT ALWAYS THE GET RICH QUICK WAY PEOPLE ANTICIPATE. IT TAKES A LOT OF LEARNING, HUNTING FOR DEALS, MAKING SOLID PLANS, ETC. IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT HOW REAL IT IS, GO TO A LOCAL R.E. INVESTOR ASSOCIATION. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ATTEND A FEW MEETINGS FREE (OR CHEAPLY). TALK TO PEOPLE WHO ARE REALLY DOING IT, IN YOUR AREA, AND ASK THEM ABOUT THEIR GREATEST SUCCESSES. YOU WILL FIND OUT FAST IT IS FOR REAL, AND IT DOES WORK, IF YOU WORK IT. R.E. INVESTING HAS BEEN A HUGE BLESSING TO MY WIFE AND I - WE WILL BE A RETIRED MILLIONAIRES BY AGE 40 - BUT I DIDN’T DO IT QUICK OR EASY. I OUT-STUDIED, OUT-WORKED, OUT-HUSTLED, PUT IN MORE TIME AND MORE EFFORT THAN OTHERS WOULD, AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY SECOND OF IT!!! GOOD LUCK!

Re: Personal Coaching - Posted by Shambhu Nath

Posted by Shambhu Nath on February 27, 2006 at 22:49:46:

I once paid $ 5K for the coaching. The coach was reading from a script and focussed all time on lease purchase. I have not found so far where i can purchase on lease and sell it at higher price to renter right away.
So, do your reaseach before you decide.

Re: Personal Coaching - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on February 11, 2006 at 15:36:06:

I get the equivalent of coaching from Realtors and Property Managers I work with on deals. I like to ask a lot of questions and run ideas by them. It gives me a good idea of what actually works from experienced professional as opposed to things that just sound good. Most good professionals really don’t mind helping out with some answers, especially if you are doing deals together anyway (it helps if you help them bring home the bacon while asking for a piece of their expertise).

Re: Personal Coaching - Posted by Tony Cooper

Posted by Tony Cooper on February 02, 2006 at 19:55:53:

I did it and I was somewhat satisfied. My guru was not that great and did not do a good job getting to know and tayloring the classes like you expect from one on one coaching. It did however motivate me to do something and stop thinking about doing something. Some times it takes a little money to get your attention if you want more details I will answer more questions.

Re: Personal Coaching - Posted by Carlos

Posted by Carlos on January 24, 2006 at 21:57:15:

It all depends on you (how you learn) and on the mentor (how he/she teaches, real world R.E. experiences, can the mentor provide creditable refernces (title companies, lenders RE agents, etc.)
I myself worked with someone whom promoted a free program for those with income/credit and we split 3 deals. I now do deals myself. He made almost twice what you refer to above but he didn’t make zip if we didn’t do any deals. Just my 2 cents :wink:

Re: Personal Coaching - Posted by Yahaira

Posted by Yahaira on January 24, 2006 at 11:31:18:

Waste of money. You are better off going to the library and buying some books on the topic.

Re: Personal Coaching - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on January 24, 2006 at 13:13:22:

That’s what I thought. I’ve scrapped this whole BS real estate idea. Thank you.