PLEASE HELP ME!! - Posted by Scott

Posted by Bill Taylor on June 01, 1999 at 19:21:56:

A good place to start is with your local homes magazine. Look at every home and imagine where it’s at. Find out where they are located and hop in the car and drive by it or a bunch of them. This will give you an idea of homes and some values. While you are out looking at some of these you will see some homes that are obviously empty, write down the addresses and then check with the county recoreders office and see who owns them. I know a lot of legwork but will worth it. Now some of those realtors in that homes magizine give a few a call and try to see if any are buyers agents. Find out what your net worth is so you know where you ar at financially. If you have some cash use it to bargain with. You may be able to find a good deal that you can clean up and make some money on. make some offers on a lease option(good idea to read some materials available here on CRE)go ahead and use some of your savings to get started. If no savings you may be able to re-finance your car. I’m not saying use your money a lot but when you get started you may need to. Once you get started you are on your way. The first deal is the hardest one. After that you will be in more of a comfort Zone. You might even find a partner to go with on the first couple of deals.

PLEASE HELP ME!! - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on June 01, 1999 at 09:29:36:

I am 24 years old, married, and make a decent living. However, my wife and I would like a little “more”. After seeing the Carlton Sheets infomercial for the 1000th time I decide to research it on the web. I found this site and have gotten a lot of inspiration from some of the stories. However, I have absolutly no experience in this field and don’t know where to get started. I have seen some books and other items but I was looking for some help as to how to really get started. I live in Ocean City, MD so there is a very big real estate market here and I would love to get involved. Can someone please help me?

Also, I found a webpage called www.tmgpublishing.com that offers a book called “How to buy Real Estate when you broke and bankrupt” Has anyone heard of this book?