Please help!!!! - Posted by ct

Posted by Steve-DC on February 04, 2002 at 07:57:12:

CT,

If you’re talking about presenting a business plan, there are lots of general sites on the internet that will give you a basic outline of what to present to potential investors.

For a real estate specific example, Kevin Myers’ “Buy It, Fix It, Sell It, Profit!” (the book’s at home, I don’t remember the exact title) gives a good overview/business plan for the different steps of buying a property wholesale, fixing it up, and selling it retail. You could probably borrow and tailor the section on buying wholesale for your own use.

I don’t know if I’d agree to a 70-30 split. What is your partner bringing to the table? If it’s just money and no transactional knowledge, in my mind it should be 50-50. The two components are equal in that you need both to do a deal.

People sometimes play up the role of the money…in my opinion, the money is easier to find than the transactional knowledge, buyers list, etc.

Just my opinion, hope this helps,

-Steve

Please help!!! - Posted by ct

Posted by ct on February 03, 2002 at 15:22:59:

I’ve got a potential money partner who has agreed to meet with me to discuss helping me buy the houses I’m getting all these calls on.He’s also agree on a 70-30 split of the profits.I’m wanting to give this guy something in writing-maybe an outline rather than just tell him we buy for 50,000 put 10,000 in repairs and you get 12,000,if we don’t use a re agent.Please help if you can!!!BTW I’m only using a partner for now until I get some credit issues taken care of.Until then i’m just flipping!!!thanks in advance,if you make me a decent outline or even if you try, I’ll buy you an adult beverage at the convention or a soda whichever you prefer.