Space Available,

Please email me, with your email address,
Have a mailing question for you.
Thanks,
Rick
rickriley@mris.com

postcard mailing solution - Posted by Tony

Posted by Tony on August 10, 2003 at 17:04:11:

Hi everyone, does anybody have any suggestions on mass mailing postcards to sellers? The stamping each individual card is cumbersome and costly. Is there a better system than my old fashion way of mailing them out? Would appreciate the advice.

Re: postcard mailing solution - Posted by Richard Roop

Posted by Richard Roop on August 13, 2003 at 05:13:10:

Hi Tony,

I started a postcard mailing service for real estate investors 7 months ago and we are about to mail our 2,000,000th card. We saturate targeted areas. We print, address and mail (everything) for 30 cents each. The key is we use an oversize 11" x 5.66 card so we can say a lot in one shot, and take calls from prospects who are predisposed to do business. Email me for details if you like.

If you are mailing a smaller card (5.5" x 4.24" or 6" x 4") then you want to take a two step approach. Tease them to respond and then make it non-threatening and easy to get “the rest of the story.” For 2-step, I offer a free special report on a website and a 24 hour free recorded information line.

Another key is the mailing list. For saturating or “farming” neighborhoods, keeping your costs down is important so mail bulk rate known as standard mail. And mailing bulk allows for the oversized card near the cost of mail a small card first class.

But if you have a targeted list, mail first class so you can update the list and remail 4-7 times. For a very targeted list, mail 4-7 personal looking letters… or combination of each. The other key here is hitting your target a number of times. There seems to be a psychological barrier you breakthrough when someone sees you marketing message 4 or more times. It’s a great way to establish credibility.

Richard

Re: postcard mailing solution - Posted by Rich[FL]

Posted by Rich[FL] on August 11, 2003 at 13:21:28:

Paul-FL gave you probably the best answer. I also use the USPS web site. They have templates for postcards which you can modify then upload to the web site. Then you can upload a mailing list (the format requirements are listed on the web site). Then all you have to do is hit “send” (plus fill our your credit card info! ).

I’m averaging about $.24 each for the postcards I’m sending out now. That’s for B&W. Not sure you can do much better than that.

Good luck!

Rich

Re: postcard mailing solution - Posted by Paul-FL

Posted by Paul-FL on August 11, 2003 at 07:36:50:

USPS.com

They have a program that you setup the card and provide a list and they mail them out for you. Very easy cheap way of doing it.

Re: postcard mailing solution - Posted by deon

Posted by deon on August 10, 2003 at 22:41:13:

hi tony, i use a mailing house to send my postcards, they do everything: print, label and mail for .30 cents a piece. i send out between 6k and 10k cards per month. this is bulk rate, which is alot cheaper than going first class rate.

Re: postcard mailing solution - Posted by Space Available

Posted by Space Available on August 11, 2003 at 07:55:39:

As the owner of a mailing house I’d advise you to shop around. For this kind of volume you shouldn’t be paying more than about 26 cents each for printing, addressing and postage. If you are sending out to a saturation list, which is a delivery to every address on a particular carrier route, you can even knock off some more because postage is less (even after accounting for the cost of the list).

Where is your mail house? - Posted by Mitch

Posted by Mitch on August 13, 2003 at 10:39:14:

Would you E mail me. I would like to know
how to get hold of you at your mailing house
business. Rgilb000@aol.com