Postcard marketing - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by Lori Samson on May 27, 2000 at 03:13:29:

I’ve done it both ways and I like the nice clean post office cards but I like the bright hot pink card stock that you can buy and cut into 4 pieces. You’d be surprised what you can get away with if they are slightly over the standard post card size. I have received one myself that was about half the size of a full sheet and it was stamped with only 20 cents. Hot pink will aways get glanced at. You can make your headline bold and something that will hold their attention. Did you know that most people read and sort their mail over the trash can? You got to hold their attention for at least a second or it’s history! Lori

Postcard marketing - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on May 26, 2000 at 13:59:07:

I read the Joe Kaiser article on postcard marketing at http://www.creonline.com/mm_13.htm. I am intrigued by the idea, and I’ve done direct mailings before, both stamped and metered, but I’ve never used postcards. It seems like it would accomplish the same result for less expense.

My questions are:

Where do I get blank postcards? Do they sell them in such a fashion they can be put in a computer printer?

What is the normal postage required on postcards? Will they meter them for you at the post office?

Has anyone else here used this technique? Was it successful?

Any specific advice would be appreciated.

Re: Postcard marketing - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on May 27, 2000 at 11:55:01:

Eric-
On top of the great suggestions here head over to the archives at the top of the page. I remember this topic being discussed in detail in the past also.

-Chris

Re: Postcard marketing - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on May 26, 2000 at 18:10:12:

I use Avery ink jet postcards #8387. You can buy them at Office Max, Office Depot, etc.

They come already preforated 4 cards to a sheet.

I use MS Publisher to design them,mail merge, etc.

Hope this helps!

Joe

Re: Postcard marketing - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on May 26, 2000 at 14:53:22:

eric,

I use postcards for marketing to preforeclosures, fsbos, and frbos and have had some degree of success.

I buy the 8.5 x 11 card stock and use Printmaster Gold to design the card. Once it is printed, I cut them using a papercutter. When I start doing high volume mailing, I will have my local printer make them up for me. They have already given me a price of .03 apiece. By the time you buy the paper and ink cartridges, and spend the time on it, .03 sounds like a good deal.

At this point I am changing them around with my program, trying to see what works best before I mass produce any of them.

Post card postage is .20 per card. I just get a roll of stamps. I do not know if they will meter them or not.

Hope this has been of some help.

Good Luck!

WilliamGA

Re: Postcard marketing - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on May 26, 2000 at 15:33:19:

yes, this is most helpful. Stupid question time - when you cut your stock, what size do you cut it to? What is the size of a normal postcard?

Re: Postcard marketing - Posted by Bob(AL)

Posted by Bob(AL) on May 26, 2000 at 16:11:58:

I went to the post office and boutht my cards, then had my printer print my message thereon. That’s the cheapest way to do it.

Bob(AL)