posted signs/ads - Posted by T.C.

Posted by T.C. on July 01, 2002 at 12:00:25:

Hi Ryan,

I’m in Calgary, Alberta (Canada) as in hockey: The Calgary Flames.
I use my cell,what voicemail message should I use to filter angry callers?
My lawyer is telling me I’m taking a big chance with my signs bcuz it’s illegal ($100 fine per sign) and that government by-law officers WILL track me down. Should I worry?

thx.

posted signs/ads - Posted by T.C.

Posted by T.C. on July 01, 2002 at 09:48:54:

Hi,

-Posted signs 6’-7’high
-placed ads in community/supermarket bulletin boards (with permission)

My signs are being ripped off (75%), getting many ANGRY callers threatening to report me to the By-law “sign police”, bulletin ads only last 1-2 days. 2 mths daily newspaper ads in R.E. section and no fish biting. I’m starting to get UPSET.

Your comments appreciated, thx!

Re: posted signs/ads - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by Matt KY on July 02, 2002 at 02:02:04:

just wondering, what city/state do you live in?

Re: posted signs/ads (Question for Ryan) - Posted by EJ

Posted by EJ on July 01, 2002 at 11:13:20:

Ryan,

How will your voicemail script filter out the angry callers? What message do you intend to use?

Thanks

Re: posted signs/ads - Posted by Ryan_MA

Posted by Ryan_MA on July 01, 2002 at 11:10:37:

Where are you located? What number have you listed? 800, home, or cell? Maybe put the signs up a little higher so they’re more difficult to rip down :slight_smile: If you use a web based number it will be much harder for the angry callers to get ahold of you. I just ordered a batch of bandit signs that I’m going to be placing in the next week. I live in MA so it’ll be interesting to see what types of calls I get. There aren’t many bandit signs at all posted around here so I’m sure I’m going to anger some people, but the voicemail script will filter out the angry callers!

Re: posted signs/ads (Question for Ryan) - Posted by Ryan_MA

Posted by Ryan_MA on July 01, 2002 at 11:39:31:

I searched for Bandit Signs in the archives and used a voicemail script that others have used for their 800 number. If someone leaves you a nasty message, just delete it and move on to the next one. You’ll never have to actually talk to some irate person about your bandit signs and you’ll filter out the people who are just calling to see what your “We Buy Houses” sign is all about.

Re: posted signs/ads - Posted by Stacey

Posted by Stacey on July 01, 2002 at 16:51:26:

Ryan,
I am a newbie in Mass. I am trying to network and market myself. I’m going to check out the Northeast REI club meeting in Stoughton, and another in Wareham. Please let me know if you can lead me in any additional directions. It would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stacey