Posting Signs - Posted by JC

Posted by Shawn MM on April 24, 2002 at 11:44:07:

from putting out some of my “We buy houses” signs. The looks I received ranged from inquisitive to snotty. i placed them in front of a Wal Mart, a very busy intersection, one of the busiest in town, and in front of a new sub division. There are homes that are a year old that are up for sell. I remember Charlie France saying that’s where they find their deals, in the newer sub-divisions. Good luck to you.

Shawn MM

Posting Signs - Posted by JC

Posted by JC on April 24, 2002 at 10:30:40:

I see a lot of messages about posting signs on the site. Those of you that have used or continue to use signs, where do you have your best success at placing them? Subdivision entrances? Shopping Center Entrances? Busy streets? I’m guessing they all work but I am just going to place my first ones out today. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

JC

Re: Posting Signs - Posted by Mike WA

Posted by Mike WA on April 24, 2002 at 14:49:10:

The higher you put it up on trees, the better. It makes it harder for the bad guys to dump it. I personally have a 4 foot ladder in my back seat while I’m driving around, along with 1 1/2 inch roofing nails and a hammer. When I see a good spot I park and quickly put the sign up as high as my arms can extend. I personally don’t put it on the ground with stakes. Also, don’t put too much of your sign for it will upset someone eventually. I put them at the exit of newer developments, (1995 up to now-I stop and ask someone watering their lawn), on a tree. I also put them on main streets at the stoplights where people stop and look around. Someone around my neighborhood puts up the “We Buy Houses” signs in the middle of a big drag. Not too smart for everyone is going 45 mph and can’t see the number fast enough. The goal is strategic, targeted marketing.

Hope this helps, coming from a newbie…