Pre-Foreclosure - Posted by svedy

Posted by ski on March 16, 2006 at 18:47:22:

Have worked it both ways. In mho it is best done w/o the realtor, especially if you are trying to work a short. Most realtors do not know how to handle the short and even more do not know what it is. I will do all the paperwork and close the deal w/o them. I will give them a flat rate for their listing, usually not to exceed $2,000.00 After all all they did was to bring the seller to me.

Pre-Foreclosure - Posted by svedy

Posted by svedy on March 16, 2006 at 15:56:14:

If property is in preforeclosure and is listed with an agent, who do you contact…homeowner or real estate agent?

Contact the Owner - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on March 16, 2006 at 16:12:46:

Go direct to the homeowner… Attempt to workout a deal that works for the homeowner, the Agent being paid and still affordable to you. I have on occasion negotiated with Agents to get them to move aside in slim deals… Reluctantly, they will move if it comes down to them not having a saleable property, and the lack of that sale causes the house to go to foreclosure sale, and neither the Owner or Agent get squat…

Try to keep the Agent’s interest in mind and be sure they get paid, and they will usually cooperate all you want… The minute that they sense that you are attemptint to cut them out of the deal, then you have an adversary…

In 10 cases oout of 9, going to the Agent first will cause anything outside the box in the least, to run afoul… Just put them at ease, make sure that they know you are as concerned about them getting their fee, as you are for you getting the house, and most things will work…

JT-IN