Probate Books - Posted by AAM

Posted by Jimmy on July 21, 2007 at 06:29:46:

you wrote the magic words, and I didn’t put them there.

“Bottom line is i’m just looking for… properties that I can get for below market prices”

there are a handful of situations which can get you what you want: figure out how to find these situations frequently, and youu will do very well:

1. seller in distress.
  2. property in distress
  3. seller and property in distress !!
  4. auctions where bidder must have fast cash.

there are others, but these are the ones that I have seen.

occasionally, a probate will deliver a deal. but no more often than listings or newspaper ads.

with that said, if you have a way of identifying estate and trust beneficiaries, who themselves are in need of fast cash, you can make deals with them all days long. but understand that stealing one directly from an estate or trust is pretty rare, because of the precedural safeguards in place. Executors adn trustees are accountable to other people, and are represented by counsel…

Probate Books - Posted by AAM

Posted by AAM on July 20, 2007 at 09:27:00:

Can anybody recomend some good books regarding properties in probate and how to profit from them? I’ve seen a couple books on the internet but not sure if there good so I thought I would come here to get a referral. Thanks

Forget the Books - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on July 20, 2007 at 14:49:11:

comb through the archives here. there are hundreds of threads on this subject. and more depth and experience on the subject than you will EVER get from the “books” from the promoters.

save your money.

READ…its absolutely FREE

Re: Forget the Books - Posted by Andy

Posted by Andy on July 20, 2007 at 14:59:54:

Already have. Searched in the legal, main and commercial forum. There was alot of info in there but I want more. There’s got to be some other sources.
I checked the library and there’s alot of books on probate but they dont specifically relate to real estate investing. I saw alot of your posts in the archives Jimmy, I do appreciate your opinion since you have been a probate attorney for a long time.

Bottom line is i’m just looking for additional avenues to find multi family properties that I can get for below market prices. The more sources I have and understand, the greater my chances of success.

Thanks