PROBATE INVESTING - Posted by KELVIN BLACKMAN

Posted by Mitch Painter on October 26, 2003 at 12:51:16:

I have alot of experiance in dealing with probate and am more then happy to give you some advice. Email me at mitchpainter@sell-yourhouseinstantly.com

PROBATE INVESTING - Posted by KELVIN BLACKMAN

Posted by KELVIN BLACKMAN on October 20, 2003 at 11:02:17:

Is there anyone teaching the strategy of investing in properties that are in probate? If so I would like some info on that person and if any one out there in real estate investing has any info on this particular investing I would appreciate any info you could offer me.
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE,
KELVIN

Why that Executor welcomes you - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on October 22, 2003 at 10:12:25:

If you’ll think through WHY the Executor, Administrator or Trustee might welcome your call or contact, you’ll probably conclude that contacting that representative is a good idea.

In the typical estate in probate or other court supervised situation, it’s VERY common for the appointed representative to need CASH to close out estate. After all, how does one divide a rental or two, a car, furniture, , etc.? Between all those survivors or heirs?

As any life insurance agent can tell you, it’s the rare survivor who has adequate cash on hand, at the time of the decedent’s death, to take care of probating and liquidating the estate.

It’s something that the average person says he’ll (more than she) take care of “one of these days” but never gets around to…either getting more life insurance, or settling some of those pesky deals that he should be doing during his life, so his W & kids don’t have to try to figure out what’s going on.

In my experience it’s normal and usual for the representative to be an unpaid family member who just wants to wind things up quickly so he/she can quit fooling with it and move on to more enjoyable and productive things.

So if you show up wanting to help them “wind it up” and produce some cash, and take over their headaches, they’ll probably listen attentively and with lots of interest to your proposition.

Re: PROBATE INVESTING - Posted by Brenda Grossnickle

Posted by Brenda Grossnickle on October 20, 2003 at 22:06:04:

Scott Risker (?spelling) has a probate course. I found it pretty lame. He does have some good software for mailing though. His probate is basically, find the notices in the paper and mail them a letter ever 6 weeks.

Re: PROBATE INVESTING - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on October 26, 2003 at 21:45:52:

I’ve been thinking about buying Rister’s course on probate.

What didn’t you like about his course ?

I’m looking for good info on the subject and his course looks interesting.

Is the mailer software you mentioned the full blown mailer from his marketing course ?

Re: PROBATE INVESTING - Posted by MJK

Posted by MJK on October 21, 2003 at 20:10:33:

Hi Brenda,
Do you mail to the newly appointed executer mentioned in the legal notices of the paper? Have you had success with this method?

Thanks -MJK

Re: PROBATE INVESTING - Posted by Brenda

Posted by Brenda on October 27, 2003 at 06:16:49:

I am not familiar with his marketing course. I have his course in investing in probate which i have listened to and read. I also have his wholsaling and finding motivated sellers which i have not listened to nor read (been doing some lease option and negotiating tapes). I think the mailing software is very good. It is just a shame that you can not import data in from other formats. The software also needs a way to try and identify, or let you try to identify, duplicates. But still, the software is much better than hand writing or a simple Excel or Access database.

Rister’s course in probate had no meat. I believe it took me 40 minutes to read the entire course. Yes I was speed reading, but the point is that I was able to speed read.

Brenda

Re: PROBATE INVESTING - Posted by Brenda

Posted by Brenda on October 22, 2003 at 05:14:57:

I have not mailed to the newly apointed executer, but I plan on adding that to my mail campaign next. The last two houses I have bought have been a Personal Representative and a Trust. I drive for dollars frequently and many of the vacant houses are in trust, personal representatives, or heirs. So finally the light goes off that I should mail to them directly.

Brenda