Probates vs Foreclosures - Posted by Steve

Posted by Joe on June 12, 2006 at 11:43:16:

Probate is a more involved process than foreclosure, so I’d be willing to bet that they have less competition.

Probates vs Foreclosures - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on June 12, 2006 at 08:55:08:

I heard from a JG Banks seminar that Probates has less competition than Foreclosures. Is that true ?

Re: Probates vs Foreclosures - Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy

Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy on June 12, 2006 at 19:56:13:

There are great profits in both categories. Don’t let others tell you what to do; find out for yourself. If I listened to all the crap people tell me about “do this” or “don’t do that” I’d have never done a deal.

I started doing probates in 1990, and began my career doing foreclosures in 1978. Just got back from a probate conference last night, in fact.

There are profits in any number of transactions and niches (and sub-niches, too). Some people would rather sit on the sidelines wondering which is better the better path, or agonize about wasting time going down the wrong one.

I know Jim Banks very well, took his course (there are others, too).

Personally, I’d invest the money in courses while you’re out there implementing and keep training. If you work foreclosures, you are going to come across probates, and if you work probates, you’ll come across foreclosures. Where they meet, you’ll make money.

Re: Probates vs Foreclosures - Posted by dealmaker

Posted by dealmaker on June 12, 2006 at 14:27:50:

Probably true. Much LESS likely to find a “deal” via probate than foreclosure, in my experience.

dealmaker