Property Disclosure Statement - Posted by Kendal

Posted by Kendal Goodrich on May 11, 2006 at 08:35:01:

They lived in the house their entire life. The guy’s father built the house.

Property Disclosure Statement - Posted by Kendal

Posted by Kendal on May 09, 2006 at 10:10:05:

Is a property disclosure statement in any way legally binding? I purchased a property about 1 year ago. On the disclosure, it was marked that no foundation repairs were made in the past and that no foundation repairs are needed. Directly below that, they made a remark that there was “Past settling in the fireplace area”. I recently had to tear up my carpet to be replaced and found that the foundation has settled substantially and that concrete was poured on top of that to cover the settled area. I had a foundation expert come out and state that there are some foundation repairs that are desperately needed and it would cost in the ballpark of 15,000. Again, the disclosure statement was market as NO foundation repairs made in the past and No foundation repairs currently needed. Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks

Re: Property Disclosure Statement - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on May 10, 2006 at 10:29:54:

Kendal,

I’m not an attorney. I wonder how long the previous owner’s had the house? I would think that you would have to be able to prove that they knew about the repair. Is it possible that someone prior to them did it?

–Natalie