Pros/Cons Line of Credit - Posted by Lisa from Oz

Posted by CarolFL on April 06, 1999 at 19:06:08:

Lisa,
Oh, I see… breathing is a kind of 'exchange" - akin to our 1031’s … except oxygen and carbon dioxide … well, please, don’t tell our politicians. They’ll be adding that one next (or have they already?).

Carol

PS your line sounds great to me!

Pros/Cons Line of Credit - Posted by Lisa from Oz

Posted by Lisa from Oz on April 05, 1999 at 19:20:17:

Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I’ve been approved for a $150,000 line of credit through my bank at 6.4%. The taxes are approx. $600, but no bank fees no matter how many times I access the money, no prepayment fees, and no further taxes.

I’m thinking of doing some quick “Pre-habbing” of govt. owned homes (deceased estates) depending on what kind of deals they’re offering.

Thanks guys,

Lisa from Oz

Re: Pros/Cons Line of Credit - Posted by Dave B

Posted by Dave B on April 06, 1999 at 17:43:58:

DAYUM, if OZ is the same OZ (kansas) I live in, where are you gettin that? I work with Community Bank in Liberty MO, I get 100% purchase finance, but have to have fix up money of my own, or credit to obtain it independent of community bank. The Line of credit I’m workin towards is a totally secured, and the fee will be a 2% spread above what I receive on my security deposits. If the security isnt liquid, such as real estate, I think the percentage is 2% above prime.

Id use that line of credit for sure! Wish I could get it… Unsecured? I’m A credit, and need security. Good job.

Good luck,
Dave B (in Kansas OZ)

Re: Pros/Cons Line of Credit - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on April 06, 1999 at 07:51:19:

I don’t understand the 600 charge for taxes? taxes on what? The rate sounds wonderful… almost too wonderful. You sure there isn’t a catch somewhere?

Laure :slight_smile:

Re: Pros/Cons Line of Credit - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Lisa in Oz on April 06, 1999 at 17:40:48:

Here in Australia, you must pay taxes on all financial transactions, changes of title, breathing . . .

Lisa in Oz