question about entity structuring - Posted by Tim

Posted by John on April 04, 2006 at 07:29:47:

Tim,
I would advise you to buy Bill Bronchick’s LLC and LP material. It will walk you through this and other problems you may encounter. It is well worth the money and can save you countless headaches. It is also about a third of the price an attorney would charge to do this for you.

question about entity structuring - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on April 03, 2006 at 22:42:26:

A few weeks ago I officially filed for my first LLC business entity. I have received the confirmation that everything went through, and have since spoken with the IRS, and have received my EIN #. This is a very new endeavor for me, and eventhough this may be considered to be a Simpleton question, but I was not 100% sure as to how to go about drafting up the Articles of Organization for the company. Is this something that I could easily do on my own, or would you vets recommend that I seek the consult of an attorney? I’m also planning on adding my fiance’s name into the business as a minority partner as well. Thank you to anyone that can share their advice on this.

Re: question about entity structuring - Posted by rick mcbride

Posted by rick mcbride on April 06, 2006 at 21:38:31:

Here is a great company I used. Cheap and they file all the paperwork for you every year they renew and send you an invoice for a couple hundred bucks.

Re: question about entity structuring - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on April 06, 2006 at 08:45:09:

Tim,

You might try your state’s website. They often have useful forms and instructions that you can follow.

That’s no substitute for having an attorney review your docs, but it should help you get started.

–Natalie