Question for Jim LaVerde - Posted by BRnBA

Posted by JoeKaiser on January 29, 2000 at 21:56:08:

Jim,

I’m not sure how much inner strength it requires to give someone a used Carleton Sheets course. I suspect not much.

You asked a question earlier about “which form to use.” It was obvious to me that you should not be thinking about attempting the deal you described if you didn’t even know the basics of how to do it. You also talked about a form you got from Bronchick’s site as though it were something important (it wasn’t). On top of that, you misunderstood the purpose of the form itself.

All that immediately raised red flags and that’s why I replied. It was not possible to simply state what “form” you needed since the form was, in my view, the least of your problems. And in case you haven’t noticed, that’s all we do here . . . state our views. If what I said was something you didn’t need or want to hear, well, that’s fine too. Just take whatever information you can use and get on with things.

The problem, of course, is that you let my reply “get your dander up,” even though it was something you needed to hear or at least think about. Apparently, you weren’t able to see that. Hopefully, at some point you’ll learn that it often makes more sense to listen to people who know more than you.

Finally, until you’ve actually done a deal successfully, it really makes no sense for you to be giving out advise to people who really want to learn how things are done. I know that sounds harsh, but it isn’t . . . it’s reality.

Joe

Question for Jim LaVerde - Posted by BRnBA

Posted by BRnBA on January 29, 2000 at 20:13:51:

Jim, have you checked out the articles section here and the legal corner? I think that would be a good place to start. Also go to legalwiz.com and read the articles and other material there. When I was young my dad told me I would be better off to keep my mouth shut and my eyes and ears open. Don’t ask why you might not like my answer. Even to this day I follow that rule, well…not always but I do more listening and reading than talking and typing. Try it, it keeps ME out of trouble most of the time.

Re: Question for Jim LaVerde - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 29, 2000 at 21:13:34:

Dear Writer;
Thanks for your help in guiding me and others to various sites for help. They do provide very good and in debt advise. I do agree with your Dad whole heartedly, you will learn a lot by listening. He is a smart man. I do read a lot and listen to those who will help. I myself offer much help to many. I have donated my 1st and only real estate course to someone a few doors away who cannot afford to buy a course. I feel that in order to reap you must first sow, and that I did. I myself am out of work with no supplemental income. I am trying the best I can to make something happen for myself, and yet found strength within me to be able to give. That whole string of posts comes from my question concerning a simple form!! I asked for some advise and received 4,000 answers (None of which contained the simple answer I requested) That is what gets my dander up. I help others and also compliment others (Check previous replys to varify that) and I get all kinds of answers that don’t apply to my post. The best way to resolve this is simply this, If you can’t or don’t want to answer someones request then simply ignore it. I have done that many times. I could have stirred up a whole bunch of stuff countless numbers of times but I have respect for others. I do however lose respect for those who do not respect my thoughts and thats when they hear me. Sorry that’s me. Go back through the archives and check my replys to others , you will find complementary replys always. That’s the real me. Just want everyone to know, I am not a bad guy by no means. I know a few people on this site from our club meetings and we all get along fine. If I have a question I can call Bill Konst anytime and he will talk for hours if I needed to, he is a gentleman. Kieran another member of our group, said he would help me in my negotiations along with others for “No Cost To Me” another gentleman! That’s what helping others is all about. Why is it that when I ask “What form should I use?” it creates a blizzard of hard ball answers? The whole thing could have been summed up with a few words: “The Name of the Particular Form” Period (end of discussion) Next question! Why is this so hard? I only asked a simple question I didn’t ask for a kidney donation! I hope this answers your question, and thanks for asking.

Sincerely

Jim LaVerdi

You could also… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on January 30, 2000 at 11:22:38:

close these deals at a title company and that would eliminate the need for you worrying about the paperwork.

David Alexander

Re: Question for Jim LaVerde - Posted by BRnBA

Posted by BRnBA on January 30, 2000 at 04:03:16:

Jim, your question has been answered at least twice that I remember. You don’t need a ‘special form’ for taking title ‘subject to’ in fact it is so simple it amazes me that you have not picked up on it yet. I think there might be a lesson here, are you listening Jim? Lets say you have found someone who just wants out, have them sign a deed to you, quit claim or whatever it doesn’t matter, if there happens to be a mortgage on that property you have just taken title ‘subject to’ the existing mortgage. That’s it, no magic, you had no choice because the mortgage and any other lein for that matter goes with the property.
Now having said that, there are some other issues that need to be dealt with like a disclosure to the seller and if you want to take title using a LT, and this is where it gets complicated. In order for you to make rational decisions reguarding these complicated issues you need the knowledge gained from a LT course. Now I’m starting to sound like everybody else who wisely advised you ‘buy a course’ so this is where I get off. I hope this has helped in some way. BR