Question for Rob in FL? Home Office Question - Posted by Eric/CA

Posted by Eric/Ca on January 09, 1999 at 20:34:29:

I need to check with my city rules for home office. I do have one assitant that helps me big time.

Question for Rob in FL? Home Office Question - Posted by Eric/CA

Posted by Eric/CA on January 09, 1999 at 19:17:00:

I’ve been checking out your posts. Do you run your Realty Business out of your house? I’ve been thinking about using one of my units for my office. It’s actually upstairs from my home (separate access from my house ) I get $310 for it. I wanted your feed back on it. I can rent a office space up town for $200 per month. I have one assitant that needs room to work as well.

Thanks Eric

Re: Question for Rob in FL? Home Office Question - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 09, 1999 at 20:14:16:

Yes I do run it out of my home. However, I do it as a one man show on a part-time business. The Florida Statutes require that you have a definite office setup which includes one enclosed room and a proper broker’s sign at the entrance. I use a spare bedroom and just have the sign on the wall inside the room. I also got a business license from the city. They allow home offices as long as they comply with all zoning laws. Their basic zoning rules are no signs on the outside of the property, only 10 trips a day in and out of the property for business purposes (in other words don’t have lots of clients coming in and out of your house, but of course being a realtor I just go to the client’s house anyway), cannot sell products out of the office (no retail stores), no employees (all I have is me and my wife anyway). I had a state auditor come out about a year ago and she passed me with flying colors.