Quick flips, lease options and incorporating (LLC) - Posted by George

Posted by ben on January 31, 2000 at 17:40:38:

I can tell you with certainty that the Legrand course is very good; it makes it easy for somebody (like myself) who knows nothing about anything … to understand the fundamentals and execute them.

The “corporate versus LLC” thing. I racked my brain with letters to SCORE professionals, emails, books from the library and weeks of research.

You are going to get a couple thousand of opinions on this and the jury will probably be out forever … but I feel VERY good and very strongly about LLC. It protects you and your personal property, while allowing you to reap the benefits of having an easy, uncomplicated tax situation.

LLC is definitely the way to go. My partner and I were blessed with a good legal team when we set ours up, and that may have made a difference as to how I now see it.

But I didn’t stop “shopping” after forming the LLC - I still do research, and talk with people about this. As time goes by, I condinue to get more and more positive affirmation on the benefits of LLC.

Good luck, George.

Respectfully,

Ben

Quick flips, lease options and incorporating (LLC) - Posted by George

Posted by George on January 30, 2000 at 12:44:23:

Hello,

I am a novice at real estate and researching what area I want to pursue. I would like to start out doing “quick flips” of property for cash. I also have an interest in lease options.

What I would like to know is where should I start? I have been told of quick flip books by Wayne Cook, Kevin Myers and Ron LeGrand. But who is the best for a novice? Would anyone be willing to endorse one of these books as the best? Or are there other options for me to start my business?

What about lease options? What is the best resource (book, course, etc) for a “newbie?”

Should a person incorporate once they start out in real estate. Or are LLC’s better and why? Where can I find information on incorporating your real estate business?

Thanks

ge