Quick Quit Clam Question - Posted by Batch

Posted by john ballwind on November 24, 2004 at 20:57:27:

how much protection do i have my ex they signed share of the house

Quick Quit Clam Question - Posted by Batch

Posted by Batch on October 20, 2004 at 12:57:07:

I live in the state of Indiana. I am interested in a property that is about to go into foreclosure. If I have the seller quit claim the property to me can I then negotiate with the bank?

Also if negotiations don’t go as planned and I decide the deal is not worth it am I in any way liable financialy for the property?

Thanks much,
Batch

Re: Quick Quit Clam Question - Posted by Sherri Burkhart

Posted by Sherri Burkhart on November 30, 2004 at 22:23:20:

I am looking for information on what is the difference between a land trust and a quit claim deed and which way is the best protected route to go for a business.

Re: Quick Quit Clam Question - Posted by Bill Bronchick

Posted by Bill Bronchick on October 20, 2004 at 13:44:54:

Getting a deed does not obligate you to the bank. You should, however, get something in writing from the seller that states you are not making any promises to him either, otherwise, there may exist an “implied” promise to take care of the payments (as to him, not as to the bank).

what is a quick clam deed - Posted by Lexis Barton

Posted by Lexis Barton on May 15, 2007 at 23:06:21:

I had this guy call me about a house that me and my ex husband use to own and he said that he bought it at a auction in 1970 and ever since then he rented and paid the taxes on it and the up keep.He wants me to sign a quick clam deed ,and I dont know if I should my ex husband died so its just leaves me.I need help I dont know what to do or what this means.

THANKS Lexis Barton