raising money for unique real estate co. - Posted by eted

Posted by waynepdx on July 09, 2002 at 10:22:41:

Factoring in depreciation into your estimated financial statements is not hard if you do your research.

First you must find out what the IRS guidelines for depreciating building and capital improvement are.

I can tell you how to do it but it will bring more meaning and fulfillment if you do the research yourself.

I can tell you some types of depreciation there are to give you a starting point for your research.

ACRS (Accelerated Cost Recovery System)
MACRS (Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System)
Declining Balance
Double Declining Balance
Specific Identification Method

There are more but you get the gist.

raising money for unique real estate co. - Posted by eted

Posted by eted on July 09, 2002 at 09:34:02:

Prior to getting into construction and then real estate my goal was to become a great artist–art, music, literature. Now my goal is to build new, or rehab commercial properties where I can design in such a way to use my sculpture, paintings, music, etc. I’m 56 so if I can learn how to get investors to invest in such a company I should–time is of the essence. I would appreciate any advice on building such a company. If I have to continue to chase the goal alone I will. I have Carleton’s Partnership book and tapes which I am studying. It looks like his toolkit lacks a section for figuring depreciation which would help present profit to potential inverstors. Thanks, Jim