re: Newbie --- I need help!!! - Posted by Tuan Pham

Posted by Chris on March 05, 2000 at 01:47:42:

Do a search on this newsgroup and on Newsgroup 2 for the terms “graystone” and “beacon”.

If you do not know what you want to do you should probably not spend money on courses until you decide on an area to invest in. There are plenty of books at the library to borrow for free and you can go over to Amazon.com and check out the reviews on titles you are interested in.

re: Newbie — I need help!!! - Posted by Tuan Pham

Posted by Tuan Pham on March 05, 2000 at 24:44:51:

Hi folks,
I’ve always been interested in investing in real estate but was always afraid to take the plunge til now. So here goes…I was this close (1mm) to signing up with Graystone Mortgage until a good samaritan told me about this site. Thank goodness for this. I don’t know anything about how to go about doing this and I don’t want to hear another story about Carleton Sheets. So I need help!! Does anybody know about Graystone Mortgage and if so will I make money with them. If not, what is the best method that you would suggest to me to get started because I feel that if I put this off again, I will never do this in this lifetime. There are too many so called real estate gurus and I don’t know whose books or method I should start with because all of this sounds too complicated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tuan Pham

Re: re: Newbie — I need help!!! - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on March 05, 2000 at 19:13:41:

Tuan:
You asked if you would make money with Graystone. I don’t know. I do know some people have. And some people haven’t. Depends on personal effort. Like everything else worthwhile. They have the Tools and I have spoken with many that made a very good income from using them. They didn’t just read a book. They talked with those that already were doing it. And then went out and did it also.

Re: re: Newbie — I need help!!! - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on March 05, 2000 at 10:33:08:

Tuan,
My sugestion to you would be to watch this site for a while then determine what area of real estate you are interested or going to work in.

As far as greystone mortgage is concerned. They are mainly just Note brokers that teach you how to work in the note business. Their program is very in depth But to be perfectly honest. I think you would be better off checking out some of the ideas on this site. The failure rate of working a program like theirs is about 90%. It is very competitive and if you do sell any notes to them you will have to sign a non circumvent agreement that prohibits you from selling to their sources at a later time, So you are stuck with their pricing which is somewhat high.

Good luck

Mark