? re: Ron LeGrand book - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Andrew Graham on March 24, 1999 at 23:02:33:

There is nothing wrong with the book, but I bought a couple of his courses years ago, and they are much more thorough than the book. I bought the courses, but did not go to the boot camp, and I still got a lot out of the courses and still use some of the ideas. A lot of courses are great, as are his, but you still have to do the work. Good Luck. If you have any questions about content of any of his courses, feel free to email me privately if you wish.

? re: Ron LeGrand book - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Rodney (AZ) on March 24, 1999 at 21:12:16:

I was impressed with Ron LeGrand at the convention. Unfortunately, at the time, I didn’t feel that I should spend the big $ that he was offering his materials for. (I know that I may come to regret that inaction.) Anyways, I’m considering the purchase of his book, " Fast Cash…" from amazon.com and was wondering if there is any substance to it? Is it just a teaser? I have no lack of confidence in this man’s abilities, just get kinda queasy at the $ he charges for information. I want to get into that aspect of REI, but others here have indicated that he is overpriced and that the info is available elsewhere for less. (I’m referring to his courses, not the cheap book that I’m probably gonna buy.) Will those with first-hand experience speak up?

Thanks,

Rodney

Re: ? re: Ron LeGrand book - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Rodney (AZ) on March 25, 1999 at 21:39:49:

Thanks to everyone that responded to my query. What can I say? Overwhelming support from those that have tasted Ron LeGrand’s materials. Now on my “must do” list. Thanks.

And to those that responded privately, I’ll catch up with you this weekend. A special thanks to all of you.

Rodney

The man makes it SIMPLE! - Posted by raelynn mitchell

Posted by raelynn mitchell on March 25, 1999 at 08:40:38:

His everyday nuts and bolts, step by step actions in his courses are EXCITING. However, Saturday night at the round table discussion I heard him mention to someone else that he got a letter from someone who went out and did what he said step by step and made $18,000 on their first deal…with only the $12 book!

It’s possible. It’s doable. And if you can’t do the deal, in the back of the book he offers a bird dog referral fee for getting all the information he requires. So if you find a deal and you can’t do it for some reason, if it’s really a deal you can earn enough $$$ to be able to afford a course. (But he doesn’t really stress that in the book. It’s just there if you need it.)

raelynn

Re: ? re: Ron LeGrand book - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on March 25, 1999 at 24:27:34:

I bought Ron’s book, prior to the convention, and once at the convention I also purchased the course material.
I’ll tell you this, His book is great and worth nevery penny, as are the courses.
His book suprised me, in that it contained more than I expected. It has sample forms, and the “how to” to use them. I did one deal before getting the courses, and basically used his book and this board to walk me thru it.
The book gave me the basics to get the deals rolling, and I sort of used a “shot gun” approach. We simply made offers on every property we came accross.
Now, we have the course material, we can stop wasting our time making offers on properties that do not fit the profile. Also, our offers have a better chance of being accepted and are more acurate for a decent profit, due to the detailed course.
The other benefit with the course material we purchased in Dallas, is that the other courses are teaching me and my wife how to handle other aspects of REI. (not just flips)
Always gotta keep the REI toolbox full.
Before the convention and before we purchased the course material, if we came accross a home that did not fit the “Flip” profile, but still had “motivated sellers” we simply passed on it, because we were not prepared to handle it.
Now, with the courses, we are better prepared, and can perhaps make more deals and money.
I am delighted at how well the courses flow. They are written so that any idiot (me) can follow them. I feel Ron wrote his courses like the “for dummies” instruction books.
Maybe he needs a new title, “REI for dummies”!
Anyway, go buy the book, and read it, twice, then go DO!
After you’ve been out there slugging at it with the rest of us, you’ll surely “crave” the course, because you’ll want more.
And you know what?
The money you spend now, may seem like a lot, but after just one good deal, it will pay for itself tens times over.
My first deal has paid me many times over for ALL the courses, books and other misc. things I’ve purxhased over the last couple years.
Good luck to you,
Jim