Read this book! - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Clyde on September 22, 2003 at 18:42:20:

WOW! You must have one helluva large extension cord…the normal power drop in a 16/3 cord over that distance from a normal 10 amp wall plug should cause your refrigerator motor palpitations and your PC should be about half lit.

Clyde

Read this book! - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on September 22, 2003 at 16:45:14:

Having just gone through Hurricane Isabel here at the beach I am still without power which gives me plenty of time to read by oil lamp. I finished this book by Dinesh D’Souza called “What’s So Great About America”. I can’t agree more with this analysis. He uses all facts to prove his points. Please read this and post your thoughts! I am sure that it will appeal to most everyone who posts here.

Re: Read this book! - Posted by Darin

Posted by Darin on September 22, 2003 at 16:57:08:

Is your PC oil-powered as well?

This deserves a quick answer! - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on September 22, 2003 at 17:28:24:

Being the creative problem solver that I am I had an idea. One night in total darkness I spotted a lit doorbell button on the other side of the street. Obviously they have power restored. I have 2 100’ extentions that I ran across the street to an outside outlet (which I knew was required by code)under the empty house (which most are this time of year.)
This powers my refrig and a radio for info. At times I unplug or sacrifice if you will the refrig to power the PC. Good observation though.