real estate course for oregon - Posted by josna

Posted by Jim Pack on February 18, 2002 at 22:59:50:

I would highly recommend that you read ALL the books you can find at the local library to get a feel for the real estate market and terminology. Then, once you figure out what part of real estate investing you are interested in, focus on books that address that subject. Order a course or two (if you have the money). An education is costly and real estate is no different. The good thing about real estate investing is that most people don’t know a hoot about it, other than going to their local realtor to buy a house or their local bank to get a loan. Your own drive to acquire knowledge can set you apart from the crowd because you know more than they do.

As far as recommending a course specific to Oregon Laws, forget it. You want to learn basic principles first. Charleton Sheets, Wade Cooke, Russ Whitney, Russ Dalby…all are good places to start. Learn the Oregon laws yourself. Don’t give up, just put the time and effort into it like any other business and you will be rewarded. Good luck…
Pacman

Pacman

real estate course for oregon - Posted by josna

Posted by josna on February 18, 2002 at 14:04:51:

can someone recommend an excellent real estate course with oregon laws in mind? i am new to real estate investing and would appreciate having a reliable and user friendly course on what to do. i appreciate your help. josna

Re: real estate course for oregon - Posted by Shawn (OR)

Posted by Shawn (OR) on February 19, 2002 at 01:36:53:

Hi Josna,

I’m new myself, but I’d listen to Jim and first read about several types of investing to see which appeal to you and work for your situation. You can find at least the basics to about every type on this site. After you’ve done that buy a book that focuses on it, when you have the money get a course.

There is a Portland-area investors group that meets on the first and third Monday of the month in NE Portland. Check the local REI clubs listing here to get more info.

Best of luck.

Shawn