REAL ESTATE INVESTORS CLUB OF BALTIMORE INC. - Posted by Michael Strickland (MD)

Posted by Ron (MD) on February 16, 2002 at 15:36:31:

Eric,

I’ve been going to these meetings since I started with REI four years ago. This week’s meeting is probably not a great one for you because the speaker is discussing commercial REI…on the other hand, you may have an interest in that.

Typically, there are about 150 in attendance. The large majority are investors (or wannabe investors). The format of the meeting is: buffet dinner starts at 6:30, during which you can chat with other investors. At about 7:00, they have a “quick pitch” where vendors and investors take a minute or two to pitch a product, service, property, etc. During this time, there are likely to be a couple lenders, a couple attorneys, a window company, lead inspectors, maybe a realtor, or two, a couple investors looking to buy or sell properties, etc. (I found my carpet guy and roofer during this part of a meeting a few years ago.)

Following the “quick pitch” is the formal presentation. Normally, this is a national speaker who is there to sell a course. Last month was Mr. Landlord, next month is Bill Bronchick. Usually, their presentation is about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, which includes a ten minute sales pitch. Finally, many folks hang around and gab til 9:00 or later.

This particular club is heavy on landlords and very light on creative financing types.

Ron Guy

REAL ESTATE INVESTORS CLUB OF BALTIMORE INC. - Posted by Michael Strickland (MD)

Posted by Michael Strickland (MD) on February 13, 2002 at 23:06:43:

Hey Marylanders!
I got this in my email today…come and get motivated!

REAL ESTATE INVESTORS CLUB OF BALTIMORE INC.
Baltimore’s first and only non-profit real estate
investors group always meets the THIRD TUESDAY of
each month at the VFW Hall, 8123 Harford Road, in
Parkville…exit 31A of the Beltway.

Thanks to everyone for the great meeting we had
in January…over 170 people in attendance!

DON’T MISS FEBRUARY’S MEETING!

On TUESDAY, February 19 2002 at 6:30 PM, come and
learn about COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE from Owen J. Rouse Jr,
the Director of Investment Services for Manekin LLC.

• How to find deals
  • What are the risks in commercial RE
  • Working with a commercial broker
  • Information management

Come and meet other investors for networking, our
“good of the club” segment, and much more!
Admission is $20 and includes a hot buffet and
drinks.

FEEL FREE TO ATTEND WITHOUT BEING HASSLED!
THERE’S NEVER ANY PRESSURE TO BUY ANYTHING…
NO TUITION FOR ANY REAL ESTATE SCHOOL, ETC…

ALSO…COMING TO THE BALTIMORE REIC MEETING ON
MARCH 19, 2001, NATIONAL SPEAKER, AUTHOR, AND
REAL ESTATE EXPERT…WILLIAM BRONCHICK, ESQ.
…CHECK HIS WEBSITE OUT…WWW.LEGALWIZ.COM

Pre-meeting CREOnline gathering - Posted by Ron (MD)

Posted by Ron (MD) on February 14, 2002 at 08:36:55:

If participants here want to connect prior to the meeting, I’m going to go at 6:00 and sit at a table in front of the speaker’s podium.

Come early and say hello.

Ron Guy

Re: Pre-meeting CREOnline gathering - Posted by Eric in MD

Posted by Eric in MD on February 16, 2002 at 15:22:54:

I am very interested in the meeting, but just starting out in RE investing. Have you been to any of these meetings previously? If so, what are they actually like? Is it a real investor meeting or a “let’s see what we can sell you today” meeting?

Just so you understand, I am not pessimistic, but have been to many of the “wrong” kind of presentations. Though I did learn some information there, I am now looking to invest my time with meetings that are really for investors; not for people willing to throw away money on a get-rich-quick (with no effort)tape series.

Thanks in advance for any information,

• Eric