Real Estate Opportunities for financial stability - Posted by Luke Ache

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on August 27, 2003 at 19:44:37:

in confusing you with the facts.

When I was 26 I had all the answers too. Now some years later I am beginning to understand the questions.

Real Estate Opportunities for financial stability - Posted by Luke Ache

Posted by Luke Ache on August 27, 2003 at 17:14:32:

Hi all:

I am 26 years old, single and I am always looking for the opportunity to make money. I was just wondering if anybody could recommend some “realistic” ways of making money in real estate. I have read a lot about flipping properties, tax properties and rent-to-lease deals and I personally found 90% of the information being shared by these real estate courses to be erroneous, false and blown out of proportion. I wish if there is any real people out there that could give me some “realistic” suggestions and NO, I am not spending any money on your real estate courses or going to your seminars(I like to call them brainwash sessions).

Luke

Re: a good brainwashing is in order - Posted by Del-Ohio

Posted by Del-Ohio on August 29, 2003 at 16:03:24:

I was “brainwashed” by Robert Allen in a one week seminar. During part of the course we were taught to break boards with our bare hands. It is not real estate but helps increase your focus and determination.

I also spend hundreds of hours reading books with “erroneous, false and overblown information”.

My first no money down deal right after the Robert Allen Seminar netted me $3,500 and a 750 Yamaha motorcycle. The next deal a few month later, again no money down netted me 5,000. Sold a vacant lot before I closed on it.

Started really doing real estate from the information I was brainwasshed in, in Jan of this year. Bought 12 properties so far, no money down, increased my net worth by 535,000 since Janurary of this year. Just got approval Tuesday for a 500,000 working line of credit.

All from information I learned in overblown real estate books and brain washing seminars and creonline.

I am a believer that most peoples brains are in serious need of “washing”.

You may want to rethink your skeptical viewpoint and figure out HOW to be successful.

My Viewpoints

Del-ohio

At 26 years old, you don’t want to invest in - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on August 29, 2003 at 12:22:24:

education? That’s going to be your biggest obstacle in this business because to become successful you must always be learning and investing in new knowledge.

Three things you must write down and put next to your Cindy Crawford poster. To become successful you need to understand and acquire three things.

OPM - Other People’s Money
OPT - Other People’s Time
OPK - Other People’s Knowledge

To get out of your current situation you must be around people that can offer you some or all of the above. It is conceivable that one can get all three for free, but don’t count on it.

I don’t see how you can do so without “paying” your way or investing a lot of time learning from others.

Most things in this world are blown out of proportion. News, politic, medical surgery, education, college degrees, job security, religion, you name it. Yeah…so?

What does it have anything to do with you. A better question to ask is, “do I have what it takes to be in this business.” Next, find out what is needed,
then go out and do what is necessary for you to acquire OPM, OPT, OPK.

Btw…you wanting to make more money and looking for the next big thing makes you just like every other person out there. Don’t think for one moment that ambition makes you any more special than the guy next to you. Ambition is only the beginning, follow by action, business plan, system, and little bit of a brainwashing out of the “give me free” mindset.

“If I were to give you my TIME, MONEY, and KNOWLEDGE, what’s in it for me?”

If you want something from someone, you must be willing to give something up. What would that be?

Are you willing to work for free for a few months? Are you willing to invest in a few courses in real estate?

If your answer is no, please keep your day time job.
The real estate business gets a bad rep because a lot of people that should have never been in this business couldnt make it, so they complain to the world about real estate failing them.

The “realistic” truth is they failed real estate.

Just something to think about.

Cheerz,

Keep your day job - Posted by anna

Posted by anna on August 29, 2003 at 08:33:28:

You need to change your attitude.

You refuse to learn from anyone unless it’s free. BUT you want to be handed everything on a silver platter and you want “realistic” aka guaranteed results.

Good luck buddy. Don’t leave your day job.

Re: Real Estate Opportunities for financial stab - Posted by John V, FL

Posted by John V, FL on August 28, 2003 at 10:33:51:

You should be skeptical getting in at the end of an eight year real estate boom that is the biggest ever. Easier to start when markets are bad, prices cheap and the competition much less ruthless. I started doing this full time when I was a little older than you are now at middle of the S&L fiasco around 1991-92 when real estate investing was considered a dirty word by the masses. That said the others are right that you do need lots of knowledge and education to succeed no matter where or when you start. Also be careful as even though much of the information may be accurate I find it is often no longer relevant or works as cycles change.

A skeptic, my kind of person … - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 27, 2003 at 22:18:31:

Luke--------------------

Nice to talk to you.

I see you as being a skeptic. That’s my kind of person. Good for you. There are some excellent opportunities to make good money in real estate as long as you are realistic.

You also need persistence, and, in my opinion, a good knowledge of how real estate investing works. I provided a post for beginners which is available by putting “beginners success” into the search function for this this main board of this CREONLINE.COM website.

I don’t know what materails you have read. I have read well over 200 books on real estate investing. I’d say that about half are not worth owning. There are some which are wrong, misleading, suggest things which do not work, or suggest illegal actions. There are many mediocre books. There are a few good ones and a very few excellent ones. If you will email me directly, I will enlarge on this some and give you some more information--tigerinpa@yahoo.com .

There is a lot of good invormation on this website, with a few exceptions. If you stick around, you can learn a lot. You will learn who some of the regular posters are who have lots of experience and good advice.

Good InvestingRon Starr********

Re: Real Estate Opportunities for stability - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 27, 2003 at 19:59:14:

Same old, same old. Best of luck.

Www.real-estate-online.com/wwwboard/messages/60032.html

Http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/arc_2002/arc_05/5344.html

Looking for a good return - Posted by MJK

Posted by MJK on August 27, 2003 at 19:58:15:

Action without education can be very expensive.

You’re better off losing the skeptical view and investing a few hundred bucks in a course or seminar. Education is priceless and will give you the best return on investment.

-MJK
P.S. I do not sell any courses or seminars.

How do you know… - Posted by JP

Posted by JP on August 27, 2003 at 17:44:34:

No offense, and you’re right to some degree, but if you don’t know anything about real estate investing how do you know that 90% of the information in real estate courses is “erroneous, false and blown out of proportion”? Answer is you don’t. There are many VERY good courses for a beginner like you, and if you follow some of the postings here to find out which posters know what they are talking about, and then look into courses or materials they recommend, I think you’ll find some of the good ones.

Gee and all I got was a snowblower - Posted by BrokerScott (Mich)

Posted by BrokerScott (Mich) on September 01, 2003 at 11:24:38:

course around here that wasn’t a bad thing. best, Scott

Re: a good brainwashing is in order - Posted by sKepiK

Posted by sKepiK on August 29, 2003 at 17:55:31:

Party Line

Brainwashing is recommended when dirty…(nt ) - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on August 29, 2003 at 16:32:34:

nt

Excellent post, Austin. - NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 29, 2003 at 12:46:32: