realesate agents - Posted by derick

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on March 28, 2002 at 21:02:26:

Now let me explain a bit. I am a broker in my state, that would be the business owner that hires, or more correctly associates with agents. The real estate business is no different than any other business, and is subject to the 80/20 rule. That means that 20% of the agents most likely do 80% of the business. The other 80% of the agents out there are often inexperienced. Many times they are part-time agents. Very often they do not know a good deal when it comes along. So if you do know a good deal when you see one, this could be to your advantage.

If you look at the real estate market you will notice that there are a lot of properties for sale at any given time. Many are represented by agents. There must be a good deal out there at most any given time, the trick is to find it. You might accomplish this by working with a good agent.

In your post you mention pricing. The agent does NOT set the price of the listing. The listed price is set by the seller. The agent can NOT change the price, only the seller can do that. The agent can take an offer for a different price to the seller, and it will be up to the seller to accept, or reject the offer. The seller may counter the offer, with another offer. Hopefully this will help you out, some.

realesate agents - Posted by derick

Posted by derick on March 27, 2002 at 09:34:59:

I’ve been looking for possible deals online at various realestate websites for the past month. I find it easier to look online than to look through the newspaper because im not currently in the area that i will be investing in. I’ve run across a few properties that seem to me as if they have potential. Im just beginning though and have yet to make my first deal so what i see as potential may be nothing at all. My question is this, are there deals to be found using these websites, or any other property that is being listed by a realestate agent or are there only big deals to be made with people who are selling thier property themselves, without an agent. And my other question is when someone does get an agent do they tell them what they want for the house and does the agent stick to that price or will the agent just try to get as much for the property as he/she can?