Realestate Course - Posted by Ricahrd

Posted by wayne on May 14, 2006 at 23:49:12:

Mike,

borrowing from a friend not only gets you a discount…but saves you from screaming at morons on the phone about unauthorized charges to your credit card and/or phone bills.

Realestate Course - Posted by Ricahrd

Posted by Ricahrd on March 30, 2006 at 13:15:16:

Hi can anyone out there recommend a great all around realestate course, for foreclosures, short sales, I’m a beginner and I would like to learn the whole business and I’m looking for that great course. Thanks Richard

Re: Realestate Course - Posted by dutch

Posted by dutch on March 30, 2006 at 21:58:24:

This business is just too vast and complicated to learn it all from a single course. The “all around” courses don’t go into enough detail in any one area to help much, just enough to get you into trouble.

Pick an area and go for it. the other stuff will start to make sense. “when the student is ready, the teacher will appear”.

Dutch

Re: Realestate Course - Posted by Bernie

Posted by Bernie on April 01, 2006 at 10:47:35:

I really suggest that you read this article.

Re: Realestate Course - Posted by Mike-BC

Posted by Mike-BC on April 04, 2006 at 24:05:21:

I read the article and found it resonated with my own beliefs. I have owned rental properties for many years and have sold properties using lease options several times. I currently own and manage an apartment building. The problem is the manner in which many so-called experts present their practices; they do not tell the whole story. The perception that “no money down” is the be-all, end-all approach is simply not true. Most no money down approaches simply increase the debt load, and reduce the revenue. The sociological phenomenom of “fear and greed” elicited at these seminars is how these presenters entice fools…oops, I mean common folk, to buy their high priced materials. Often, the rhetorical question, “How much is information worth, if you can save / earn $10,000 based on a piece of information, how much is that information worth to you?” is asked at these presentations.

Now that I have slammed these presenters, I have to admit that I bought a REI program from an infomercial. Some of the course is motivational, encouraging me that I could become one of the chosen. But it also provided me with some valuable information such as different methods of evaluating properties, creative ways to find down payments, and how to find money back at closing. The trick is knowing what you know, knowing what you don’t know, and knowing what you need to know.

My advice - try to borrow a course from a friend so that you can preview it. Failing that, you can sometimes buy these courses on an online auction site at a significant discount to the original price.

Mike-BC