Reality vs Real Estate - Posted by Todd

Posted by TD on February 26, 2001 at 21:59:36:

Can’t speak about states, but here in Ontario we get just First and Last - no deposit allowed.

Reality vs Real Estate - Posted by Todd

Posted by Todd on February 24, 2001 at 22:46:27:

Hello. Several months ago I purchased the Carleton Sheets course . I have yet to purchase any properties because of several nagging questions .(1)If I purchased a property and could not find a renter , how would I pay the notes on the property ? I only make 14K a year ! (2)What if a renter damages the property , and I do not have enough money to cover the repairs ? (3)What if after 3 months the renter suddenly stops paying rent ? How would I cover the notes ? I would REALLY love to get started investing in real estate , but I cannot afford to loose what little I now have . Thanks for the answers . temujin@netdoor.com

Re: Reality vs Real Estate - Posted by Dave Mckee

Posted by Dave Mckee on February 24, 2001 at 23:57:50:

Todd,
There is no such thing as a sure investment, but if the rental market is good, and you have a decent, clean place to rent at a competative, but profitable rate, you have a goodchance of making it. If you want no risk, don’t get into real estate.
One way to hedge the rental market is to call HUD and ask about section 8 housing. They may have a waiting list of people who want apartments. Better look it over carefully before you go that route though.

Dave

Re: Reality vs Real Estate - Posted by Tracy

Posted by Tracy on February 25, 2001 at 13:43:14:

These are some great questions and answers here. I’m researching this program trying to make up my mind if this is something I’m ready to take on. My solution would be to charge a 2-3 month deposit or rental reserve for tennatnts that you are renting to. Does anyone know if this legal in most states? Where would you find a code for rental properties for your state?