Realtor or Investor - Posted by Bryan Howard

Posted by Rob FL on December 07, 1999 at 13:52:03:

One advantage with having a license is that in addition to an assignment fee you could also get part of the commission.

Realtor or Investor - Posted by Bryan Howard

Posted by Bryan Howard on December 07, 1999 at 10:05:11:

Is obtaining your real estate liscense the better than just being a pure creative investor? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to getting my liscense? My main business is flipping properties and I am thinking that i would have easy access to the MLS, etc…

thanks in advance.

Re: Realtor or Investor - Posted by DB_ATL

Posted by DB_ATL on December 07, 1999 at 17:43:26:

Bryan, I got my real estate license for the very reason you are asking about. I thought it would be easier to find deals. Yes, you have access to the mls, but you have to pay for licenses, exams, classes, keypads, and a host of other things. Being a realtor is not cheap. And your broker may not want you to do your own deals. The broker will control you activity, and the broker may require that you split any fee you make with them. In Georgia, it is illegal for agents to do some things that investors can do, like paying finders fees. In my opinion that is not the best way to get access to the mls. I put my license on inactive status because it was more of a hindrance than a help. I would suggest that you make friends with some agents. if they know you are serious about buying property, they will be glad to provide listings for you. Also, you can access many mls listings on sites like realtor.com