Recommended books on REI - Posted by Burrell

Posted by Carlos on July 10, 2003 at 10:48:27:

Here’s a list of books and tapes you can get for under $150. This is from a post that was on here before.

1. Flipping Properties: Generate Instant Cash Profits in Real Estate William Bronchick
    Excellent book. Gives some nice ideas. Can be bought from Amazon.com for $13.26
  2. How to Create Multiple Streams of Income Buying Homes in Nice Areas with Nothing Down- Peter Conti, David Finkel
    Another good book. Deals mostly with Lease/Options. Amazon.com $13.96
  3. Buy It, Fix It, Sell It: Profit - Kevin C Myers
    Great book on rehabs. Lots of good tips. Amazon.com $13.26
  4. Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
    Good book not necessarily on real estate, just money basics. Amazon.com 11.16
  5. Maximum Achievement - Brian Tracy
    Probably the best book on personal development ever made. He synthesizes all that has been written about personal development and puts it in one place. Amazon.com 11.20

So, at Amazon.com you’ve spent $62.84, so with shipping you should be at around $70. Not bad for what you got. This should keep you busy for a little while reading. The really nice thing about Amazon.com, is the ratings system that they provide, and the fact that often you can read the first 20-40 pages of any given book right on line to see if it’s something you would want.

Next call Ron Legrand’s institute. 1-800-387-4306. For $19.95 including shipping, you’ll get Ron’s Cash Flow Generator course. It contains his Fast Cash book. And about 10 audio tapes. Pretty decent information. He’s amusing I’ll say that. It’s more of an overview of the different ways to invest in real estate. But he definitely has some really good points. I find myself quoting some of his scripts verbatim quite often. For $19.95, you can’t go wrong.

So, now you’re up to: $82.79

Next there is this guy that sells these tape sets on Ebay whose material is actually quite good. He goes under the pseudonym spikes14. His name is Bill Kaier. I’m actually pretty impressed with his tape sets. At least the material covered. Beware the quality of the tapes is pretty bad. I’m not going to lie about that. They come on Unlabeled Sony Cassettes. Make sure you label them first, or you’ll never figure out which is which. But, the course includes 12 90-minute tapes. And they are chock full of information. He’s a very unassuming guy who doesn’t brag about what he does, he just lays it out on the line, exactly the way he does it. It’s probably the most believable tape set. Give it a try, the tape set is only $39 plus $4 shipping. I am in no way affiliated with Bill, I just thought his course was pretty good for what it costs. He has 4 tapes in his Real Estate course. 4 tapes on Mortgages. 2 Tapes on Exchanges. 1 Advanced tape, and one No Money down tape. For a beginner I think this set is great. Read his feedback. Selling investment materials on Ebay, and even after 1,000+ purchases only 2 negatives, and I’m not sure what they were. But over 600 positive feedbacks. I’d like to see some of the other Real Estate Guru’s get that kind of rating.
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=spikes14

That brings your total to $125.79.

And one more tape set you can pick up on Ebay used fairly regularly for about $10. Roger Dawson- Secrets of Power Negotiating. Absolutely essential for learning good techniques for negotiating with sellers. Worth it’s weight in gold.

That should bring you in at about $140 after shipping.

Recommended books on REI - Posted by Burrell

Posted by Burrell on July 08, 2003 at 23:50:21:

Please post any NOVICE REI books for getting my feet wet in this industry.

Re: Recommended books on REI - Posted by brandon fuller

Posted by brandon fuller on August 05, 2003 at 17:49:52:

There are a bunch of books in the Real Estate section of the book store. See which one’s you like best. We all learn differently, and it depends on you. I would read 3 or 4 good ones. Stay away from HICKS. His books are a sham. He sounds like a used car salesman. Also, look for information on the internet. You really should learn about lease options. Lease options are a very powerful tool once you learn to use them. Check out fastcashcourse.com. There is a really good FREE ecourse there. You’ll even find out how to get a copy of “As A Man Thinketh”.

-b