Rehab + Move +Title Question - Posted by Glenn Dixon

Posted by Glenn Dixon-TX on February 19, 2002 at 19:59:11:

LOL - I have no idea about rattlesnakes or dead fish in toilets, not having inspected the premises. I should have asked! (is that on the Robert Allen ‘Bargain Finder’ checklist?) :o)

Rehab + Move +Title Question - Posted by Glenn Dixon

Posted by Glenn Dixon on February 18, 2002 at 19:36:37:

My first potential deal here, but I have no clue what it might sell for if rehabbed and moved. Here’s the vitals:

1978-1982 Fleetwood (current owner not sure of model year)
14x60-something
Owner bought it w/ water damage intent on fixing it, did some work, now has different job and residence. It is sitting on his brother’s rural property.

Asking $2,500 obo
Removed all plumbing (older grey plastic stuff) - replaced all flooring but kitchen - replaced sinks/fixtures - fixed roof leaks.
Work needed: interior paint, carpet, linoleum, all plumbing, whole home.
Owner has purchased Schedule 40 pipe, will include it.

Possible deal-killer: owner states he bought it from dealer but since the home was not in liveable condition the STATE has the title…??? I haven’t a clue if this makes sense or not…

IF this does not kill the deal or strike any one as shady, I need to determine what the rehab costs and potential resale values will be. Also, I am thinking about paying for either the rehab OR the moving costs and having the buyer pay for the other. Does this sound workable?

Re: Rehab + Move +Title Question - Posted by Gary (TX)

Posted by Gary (TX) on February 18, 2002 at 21:25:04:

What the owner is telling you is the truth. The dealer had the title cancel because the home wasn’t (what the state calls it) habitable. Texas says (An home sold "As is) must be habitable when sold. If it is not habitable the title must be cancelled. Now you can get the title reinstated for 35.00 titling fee plus a 100.00 inspection fee plus 28 cents per mile from nearest field office.

They are better deals out there for 2500 and you get the title. Take everyone else advice and pass this up. Let someone else take the shaft.
Gary

Re: Rehab + Move +Title Question - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on February 18, 2002 at 20:27:04:

Glenn,

I think the seller is offering you a 40 ft shaft, not pipe. Keep looking.

Best wishes,

Lonnie

Re: Rehab + Move +Title Question - Posted by Gerry(NC)

Posted by Gerry(NC) on February 18, 2002 at 20:12:05:

PASS/PASS/PASS

Re: Rehab + Move +Title Question - Posted by Glenn Dixon-TX

Posted by Glenn Dixon-TX on February 18, 2002 at 20:53:06:

shaft? But it’s my first real cheap deal! LOL

OK, thanks for the advice. He’s probably selling someone else’s MH…geeze…

Re: Rehab + Move +Title Question - Posted by Jacque - WA

Posted by Jacque - WA on February 19, 2002 at 19:24:50:

Well Glenn, look at it this way…it doesn’t contain one of those rattlesnakes you and your wife are so fond of (icky!!) … it must not be a good deal…LOL

Jacque : )