Removing someones name from the title - Posted by CK

Posted by Leah on March 19, 2006 at 11:15:28:

This is “the daughter.” I did all of the paperwork for the condo. We had agreed on the title being 40% in my name and 60% in his. I pulled the public records on the deed and my name had been crossed out. In place was ___ _____ a single man. I had fedexed in the paperwork in and done the noterizing on it. I don’t understand how my name was crossed out. I have house keys and a gate card also.

Removing someones name from the title - Posted by CK

Posted by CK on March 16, 2006 at 15:37:57:

My daughter and exboyfriend purchased a condo in Vegas. Since then they have broken up. He has refused to give her any information regarding the status of the property or even a copy of the title. She recently did a title search and on the title her name is crossed out. How can she take action against him since he did this without her knowledge. What type of lawyer should she go through? Please any information will be helpful.

Need lawyer now! - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on March 17, 2006 at 11:24:09:

Looks like your daughter needs a lawyer now to get something recorded that shows her interest in the RE so the “boyfriend” doesn’t deed it away to an ignorant buyer.

If anybody pulled a title search on the RE now, it might not show her interest so that buyer would have no idea she has any interest.

“Crossed Out” - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on March 17, 2006 at 06:26:50:

What, precisely, do you mean by “crossed out.”

The only way her name could be removed from the title is if a deed was filed, signed by her (or forged by someone else), which transfers her interests.

Re: Need lawyer now! - Posted by Eric Woolhiser

Posted by Eric Woolhiser on March 30, 2006 at 13:13:01:

Though if it can be proved that the title was defective the buyer would have a defective title as well.
It will get messier and more expensive if there is another party involved.

When you get a lawyer, he should be able to file Lis Pendens (I believe) to cloud the title and put any potential buyer on notice that something is fishy.

Re: “Crossed Out” - Posted by Leah Kalawaia

Posted by Leah Kalawaia on March 19, 2006 at 11:22:18:

I have the copy of the deed if you would like to see it please email me. If you can refer me to a lawyer that would be awesome.
:slight_smile: