Renting Dirt? Lonnie/ Others - Posted by OS

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on March 08, 2002 at 16:25:44:

So… he wants to buy insurance on dirt?

(lol… damm that’s funny)

He can insure the home and mobile, only God can insure the dirt.

Renting Dirt? Lonnie/ Others - Posted by OS

Posted by OS on March 08, 2002 at 13:18:28:

What type of insurance would a person need to rent the dirt that someone has there home on. By home I mean a frame built house and a mobile home. Both are owned by the same person. The “tenant” lives in the frame built house and his daughter lives in the mobile home. Will an insurance company insure the lot? The lot is appx 1 1/2 acres. This is in rural Louisiana. There isn’t much in the way of zoning. My best friend is trying to protect himself from a lawsuit. His thoughts are since he just owns the land that he is not responsible for anything that may happen to the people living on his land.Thanks in advance. I hope this was enough info.

Re: Renting Dirt? Lonnie/ Others - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on March 08, 2002 at 19:19:36:

I carry a blanket liability insurance policy on all my lots. You don?t normally think of dirt being a liability, but there?s always the possibility of some idiot claiming he didn?t know he would be fried if he stuck his fingers in the electrical box. Or, he breaks his leg in a hole his dog has dug. Or, a tree limb fell on his pregnant wife.

I recommend carrying whatever amount of liability coverage that let?s you sleep good. It?s much less expensive than a lawsuit.

Best wishes,

Lonnie