Reverse lookup sites - no addresses? - Posted by Hank

Posted by Hank on February 13, 2002 at 23:33:48:

These sites give me the names but not the addresses. If they’re listed that is.

Reverse lookup sites - no addresses? - Posted by Hank

Posted by Hank on February 13, 2002 at 22:34:44:

I tried anywho.com , switchboard.com and whitepages.com and can’t get addresses.

Should I go for a CD-rom? If so , how current is the info?

Alternatives… - Posted by J. Clifton

Posted by J. Clifton on February 14, 2002 at 19:38:27:

I’m finding the average is only 1 in 3 at best, from either the CDs or the net. That’s why these days, I fill the balance of the mailouts I do with addresses gleaned from FSBO open house ads. Get as many addresses as you can with reverse directories, just remember it’s not 1996 anymore. Sellers are now more aware of criss-cross directories and the internet equivalents.

NOT as many are aware that web-based voicemail (many of us use)utilizes a different method of caller id to get the phone number of callers than the regular phone system does, and can’t be defeated by the standard id blockers. So instead of just calling back an under-motivated seller who didn’t leave a message on your web system, reverse search the number for the address. Bingo, the hit rate goes back up again!

Re: Reverse lookup sites - no addresses? - Posted by NH

Posted by NH on February 14, 2002 at 09:31:56:

www.anywho.com

Re: Reverse lookup sites - no addresses? - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on February 14, 2002 at 08:40:54:

Hank,

I use the white pages/reverse look-up on 411.com. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t…a lot of people have their #'s unlisted now. I know I do :slight_smile:

CAREY

Re: Reverse lookup sites - no addresses? - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on February 13, 2002 at 23:01:26:

Hank: so where are the phone numbers coming from? I agree with Brian, reverse look-ups with phone numbers works for me less than 50% of the time. But I am curious where your phone numbers are coming from…

Sincerely, Kristine

Re: Reverse lookup sites - no addresses? - Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI)

Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI) on February 13, 2002 at 22:41:49:

if there phone number is un-listed reverse searches won’t pull the info. i am finding more and more unlisted numbers making this method more and more obsolete.

BMP

Re: Reverse lookup sites - no addresses? - Posted by Hank

Posted by Hank on February 13, 2002 at 23:27:54:

Nothing special, just seasoned FSBOs and for rents.