Robert Shemin - Posted by AC

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 25, 2003 at 16:03:06:

Dolf------------------

You constantly say the same things.

Are you the mentally weird truckdriver that Jack Reed says was harrassing him?

Good InvestingRon Starr*******

Robert Shemin - Posted by AC

Posted by AC on September 24, 2003 at 10:36:53:

Do any of you know anything about Robert Shemin (Nashville)
and the books/courses he offers? Is he well respected in the creative real estate investing field? Thanks…AC

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by Del-Ohio

Posted by Del-Ohio on September 24, 2003 at 16:00:22:

I have read dozens of real estate books, taken numerous seminar. I consider all of Shemins books to be excellent.

They some of the top books that I recommend for new people wanting to understand creative real estate, landlording, and investing.

Del-Ohio

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by Erin (detroit)

Posted by Erin (detroit) on September 24, 2003 at 13:03:13:

I have several of his courses and books. They have some good ideas for landlording and the like, but not anything ground breaking or earth shattering. Please beware that if you see his presentation and buy his package, he offers 2 mentoring sessions with himself or his “right hand man”. The first mentoring session is a guy asking you questions. The second is a pitch for his mentoring program. Other than that, I have enjoyed his courses.

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on September 24, 2003 at 12:13:20:

AC,

I like Robert Shemin. I have two of his books, “Unlimited Riches”, and “Secrets of a Millionaire Landlord”.

In my opinion he is one of the good ones out there.

Great Success,

RichV(FL)

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on September 24, 2003 at 12:11:27:

He’s living it up in Miami now. I have his Insiders Guide to Real Estate or something like that. It’s a good course in my opinion.

He is well respected by active, respectable investors.

Having said that, John T. Reed doesn’t like him.

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by b

Posted by b on September 24, 2003 at 12:45:48:

Your last comment is a mis-quotation of John Reed. On John Reed’s Guru rating page, he lists Robert Shemin as nuetral, Which means he leaves it up to the reader to decide. He does have a review of one of Shemins books in which he says that some of his material is good, but most of it is run of the mill, and some of it is inaccurate, and having read Shemins books, I would say Mr. Reed is correct. He’s not bad, he just doesn’t say anything new.

Posted by Hank FL on September 24, 2003 at 14:03:55:

I read the book review too, and it’s obvious that Reed doesn’t like what Shemin teaches.

I agree that Shemin is not giving a new perspective om REI, but how many Millers, Kaisers, Gattens and Fortunatos are there out there. Oh, I don’t think Reed likes any of them either.

An example of a man w/out a clue (taken from the Shemin review):

>>All his examples involve fictitious parties. Like the hours he seems to see in an investor?s day, his cash flow numbers also seem to come from another planet: ??a single-family house should generate a cash flow of at least $150 to $300 per month, and duplexes should generate about $200 to $400 per month? or ?you negotiate with Joe Seller to lease-purchase his house for a $200 deposit, $450 monthly rent, and a purchase price of $59,000, all good for three years. Then you turn around and lease-purchase the property to Jill Buyer for a $1,000 option, $750 monthly rent, and an option to buy the property for $65,000, all good for two years.?
And the reason ?Joe? is leaving all this money on the table is what? Oh, yeah, he?s one of those ?motivated sellers? you hear about in TV infomercials.<<

Just because Reed was a failure in REI and never came across many motivated sellers, doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Reed is a typical know-it-all that really knows MUCH less than he thinks he does. FALSE PRIDE.

But I do like the info Reed came up with on Russ Whitney.

Bravo there, Reed.

Re: Robert Shemin-J.T. Reed - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on September 25, 2003 at 06:43:02:

Well you are half right anyway. The part about Whitney is the right half. Some people just can’t stand people who speak the plain truth as they see it. Reed does not sugar coat anything. You may like him or not, or what he says or not, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But that is all it is “your opinion” as his statements on Gurus and the reasons why, are mostly his opinions with some good facts mixed in. Good or Bad, he is a good source of information that I don’t believe you will find anyplace else. Whether you believe it or not is up to you, but you have to give him credit for having the guts to say it! He is one more factor to gain in anyones extensive R.E. knowledge, so they may make informmed decisions.

Posted by Hank FL on September 25, 2003 at 12:37:09:

Would you take sex tips from a guy that women laugh about behind his back because he’s so lousy in the sack ?

If one is going to criticize accomplished, respected people in a particular field, than the person throwing the stones should be squared away. Reed does not have his *#@& together.

Most of the courses he “reviews” are about SFH investing.

Reed has owned three, THREE !!! ---- And I think he lived in all of them !

Everyone knows that commercial and SFH investing are two different animals.

Try to defend his opinions on Kaiser, Britton & Napier. Those examples stick out in my head as being particularly mean-spirited and shallow.

Please be specific.

I can’t believe I’m posting about this played-out subject ?

Re: Robert Shemin - Posted by Dolf

Posted by Dolf on September 25, 2003 at 13:20:35:

john t. reed is a phoney, a fake and a total fraud! And he’s about to have his a$$ handed to him in a Florida courtroom!

Posted by Hank FL on September 25, 2003 at 16:27:55:

Reed may be an obnoxious know-it-all that knows very little, but I do hope he does not get his head handed to him.

The plaintiff in that case is an even bigger jerk than Reed.

Just my opinions here, I could be wrong, as I often am.