Ron LeGrand's Seminar -Is it worth paying $69 to attend and has anyone been to his Workshop? - Posted by Kaye

Posted by Hugh James on April 06, 2000 at 10:46:46:

Here’s a few from the short list:

Kevin Myers’ book…about $20
Robert Allen’s book…about $15
Wade Cook’s old Real Estate Money Machine book…about $15, if you can find it.
Some of Russ Whitney’s stuff.
LeGrand’s own book…about $20
LeGrand’s own video course…not sure of the price…maybe $650?
Anything by John Schaub…all under $200
Several available here (Kaiser & Scruggs are two of my favorites)

The list could go on. As I said before, there’s nothing inherently wrong/bad…whatever, about what Ron is selling. In my opinion, having been there and done that, it is grossly overpriced. As Grandpa used to say, "If I had my money back and he had a feather up his b*tt we’d both be tickled.

(Sorry JP. I hope that wasn’t too gross, but I just couldn’t resist.)

Ron LeGrand’s Seminar -Is it worth paying $69 to attend and has anyone been to his Workshop? - Posted by Kaye

Posted by Kaye on April 04, 2000 at 17:35:09:

Hi Everyone,

I need someone’s opinion and advice on Ron Legrand’s Seminar. On Monday April 3,2000 I registered and will be paying $69.00 to go to his seminar on this coming Saturday April 8, 2000 here in Chicago, Illinois. His company sent me the appilication and the letter consisted of what will be going on at the Workshop. It’s A full day workshop from 8a.m. to 4p.m.
The only reason why I was interested in his workshop because he will be dicussing how to do flips and this is the field I want to get into far as real estate investing. And also they offer you to get a refund if you are not satisfied with the seminar by lunch time. So All I want to know is, what is so Bad about Ron Legrand’s Seminar and why is everyone putting down his techniques? I would love to here any response so I’ll know that I won’t be wasting my time or making any mistakes.

Thank you
Kaye

LeGrand’s info. is good, but . . . - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Lisa in Oz on April 05, 2000 at 12:01:41:

I’ve tried to get a refund from his company since August of last year and have finally given up after being promised “the check is in the mail” at least ten times. I don’t want to bag the guy, but he’s got some organizational problems.

Seminar Yes! Bootcamp No (IMHO)(nt) - Posted by Hugh James

Posted by Hugh James on April 04, 2000 at 19:32:31:

nt

Re: LeGrand’s Seminar -Is it worth it? - Yes and No - Posted by Joe Hartpence

Posted by Joe Hartpence on April 04, 2000 at 18:11:28:

Kaye,

Please understand that Ron’s 1 day seminars are very basic. He does not go into great detail. He does give great ideas with some details.

If you want all of the details he will gladly sell you his books and tapes. BIG $$$$. Please check out his Webpage before you attend. www.success-di.com

I have gone to his seminars, bought his books and tapes and I am glad I did. Because of his tapes, I have purchased and sold 1 house and lease optioned 2 others in the last 3 months.

Ron’s books, tapes and boot camps are some of the most expensive available.

If you or anyone else is a “Newbie”, please attend the free and low cost seminars to get ideas and then use this website to ask your questions and to fill in the gaps.

At some point in time you will need and want to buy someone’s courses and you should, but not in the beginning. It can be very expensive. Also you can find used courses for sale on the net.

A great place to start is by reading “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” and “Cashflow Quadrant”. You can get them online.

If you have more questions please let me know.

Joe Hartpence (OKC)
jhartpence@conok.com

Re: Seminar Yes! Bootcamp No (IMHO)(nt) - Posted by Bassman

Posted by Bassman on April 04, 2000 at 20:46:22:

Why and why not ?
It is way to easy to give an answer like that, but how about explaining why you did not think the Bootcamp was worth it ?
Which bootcamp did you attend? I have been to the wholesale retail and Multiple offers stratgey and enjoyed them both .
Please understand, I am not trying to cut you down, I am just curious as to another persons opinion as to why they didnt think it was worth it.
Thanks for your input.
Scott Cooper
Houston

Re: LeGrand’s Seminar -Is it worth it? - Yes and No - Posted by Kevin (OK)

Posted by Kevin (OK) on April 06, 2000 at 12:49:40:

Hi Joe,

You said…“I have gone to his seminars, bought his books and tapes and I am glad I did. Because of his tapes, I have purchased and sold 1 house and lease optioned 2 others in the last 3 months.”

Would you mind sharing some details about these deals, including any problems or obstacles you encountered? (If you like, you can send me an email).

I’ve had trouble getting FSBOs to even talk about doing seller financing or lease options…in a strong seller’s market.

I live in OKC too, & I’ve been havin’ a hell of a time trying to find private lenders (or mortgage brokers w/ access to private funds that are licenesd in Okla.) that’ll do the type of hard money loans Ron talks about…they want the borrower to qualify for the loan.
Do you know of any private lenders or mortgage brokers that can/will do these type of loans in Okla?

The realtor I was working with on junkers bailed out on me last week , saying “…we haven’t been productive (no offers accepted, only 1 counter)…most investors don’t buy that way (I’ve had several tell me this)…she doesn’t think it’ll work…” What kind of results have you had buying listed junkers at wholesale prices?

Re: LeGrand’s Seminar -Is it worth it? - Yes and No - Posted by Lib Cassin

Posted by Lib Cassin on April 04, 2000 at 21:44:48:

Thanks Joe, as a newbie, I would second that advice, and I am off to amazon right now with your suggested reading

OK, Here Goes… - Posted by Hugh James

Posted by Hugh James on April 05, 2000 at 07:35:38:

I know my answer was at best, flip, Scott. It’s just that I’ve aired my LeGrand opinions here before and I always seem to bring out the worst in one or two of Ron’s groupies.

At $69 bucks I think the day long seminar is a good value. I went myself and thought I got my money’s worth, even though it was the pitch given at the one day seminar that got me to buy the wholesale/retail boot camp. As I recall We got a copy of one of Ron’s books thrown in, got a working lunch with the big guy himself, and plenty of time to ask a lot of questions. (There were only about 12 in my one day workshop. The workshop was held, incidentally, during a Chicago boot camp while the boot camp folks were on their day long bus tour. Ron is a master at maximizing the opportunity, and that may be the best lesson you can learn from him.)

Now about that boot camp. I have two complaints. First, the cost. I shelled out $3,000 + air fair + food + hotel costs + ground transportation. It just wasn’t worth it IMHO. A lot of good information that I could have had elsewhere for considerably less, as I discovered. Nothing wrong with the content, just the value for dollar paid.

Then there were the commercials. They were endless. At the risk of provolking the masses, it’s the only thing I ever agreed with John Reed about. It was like being trapped in an infomercial. I have no quarrel with Ron or any of his boot camp speakers offering their material at the back of the room–but this was endless. Sometimes the pitch would drag on for 15 or 20 minutes. The way I figured it, it was already costing me about $100 bucks an hour to be there and I didn’t appreciate having my time and money spent on these endless “deals” on more study materials. Actually, by the second day, many of us had caught on, and simply left for the coffee shop when the commercial break came. It’s the carnival pitch man in Ron, I guess.

Don’t give 'em your real phone number either if you can help it. The end of the boot camp is just the begining. When you get home, the telemarketing starts…I had to get down right nasty to get 'em to stop…but that’s another story.

Re: OK, Here Goes… “good information that I could have had elsewhere for considerably less” - Posted by Kevin (OK)

Posted by Kevin (OK) on April 06, 2000 at 10:27:05:

Hi,
When you said “…A lot of good information that I could have had elsewhere for considerably less, as I discovered…”, where did you get this good info from & how much did it cost? Would you recommend it ? What do you like about it? What don’t you like about it?