Russ Dalbey Cash flow Notes - Posted by Adrian

Posted by dealmaker on July 20, 2007 at 17:52:03:

I can’t speak to the quality or lack thereof of his course. However, I receive approximately 20-25 postcards and letters per week from people who have taken his, or similar courses!!!

Here’s a few things that I firmly believe:

1. People who have accumulated enough capital to be able to sell on seller finance, are generally sharp enough to consider all ramifications of that action.

2.If you tell them that they can carry a $100K note, and then sell it quickly, they are likely to consult with their accountant and find out that they’re not likely to receive par value for it.

1. Some people in that situation, do often find themselves in a position where they have to sell. Again, generally they’re sharp enough to realize pretty quickly that they’re dealing with a “broker” instead of a principle. Once that happens they’re likely to “shop around” for a better deal.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, I’ve bought a few notes in my day. It was more common when sellers could carry a second for the equity between FMV and the balance of their FULLY ASSUMABLE (VA or FHA) first.

Quite often those people were not financially savvy and I was able to profit handosomely.

I’ve been receiving postcards like this for close to 20 years. I’ve originated or purchased close to $2MM (face value) of first and second loans. I’ve NEVER sold one!

dealmaker

Russ Dalbey Cash flow Notes - Posted by Adrian

Posted by Adrian on July 20, 2007 at 15:56:39:

Have anyone use Russ Dalbey cash flow note course and can you really make that much money from notes.

Re: Russ Dalbey Cash flow Notes - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on July 22, 2007 at 15:56:37:

I don’t know anything about the course, but there is a CA$H Flow
Forum on this site. I used it to learn enough to invest in some MH
notes, & the returns have been very worthwhile. I buy those w/
full recouse, so I don’t worry about the payments. You might also
check the Archives on the MH Forum, also on this site. Tony &
Scott’s MH Boot Camp next week in Asheville is the best place I’ve
found to buy MH notes (it’s also inexpensive, very educational, & a
heck of a lot of fun–I go every year).

Tye

Re: Russ Dalbey Cash flow Notes - Posted by Pam

Posted by Pam on July 21, 2007 at 09:28:01:

don’t go there

Re: Russ Dalbey Cash flow Notes - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on July 21, 2007 at 07:25:20:

I was a paying member of ANN for a couple or three years, some years back when there were still lots of good notes around.

When I was active on their note boards, soliciting notes, I was able to buy a number of good notes, some of which I kept and which did pay as agreed; some I sold to other buyers.

Overall, I suppose I did make some few thousand dollars brokering notes but it wasn’t worth the time and effort I spent on it.

I’d caution anybody looking to buy any such course today that there’s lots of hype as to how much money you’d make and I wouldn’t bank on it…and I’d want to keep my expenditures way down on buying any educational material as there are lots of sources for good note brokering educational material on the web for little or no cost.

As the other reply said or inferred, today there isn’t the plethora of good owner carry-back 2ds that there was when interest rates were sky-high and bank loans were harder to get…and the owner carry-back notes available today are frequently junk, which David Butler et al here correclty call “throwaway 2ds”.