RV/camping Lot Rentals? - Posted by ShawnNC

Posted by Greg¶ on May 30, 2008 at 20:06:31:

If that works for you, it would be lower-effort. Usually, though, RV lots used as an RV lot (i.e. vacation destination) are easy enough for someone who wants it to find on their own.
I think the profit opportunity comes from converting something that fulfils a luxury into something that fills a NEED (housing). Again I haven’t done this myself but being able to turn a dirt-cheap RV lot plus a park model into 12 rent checks a year for a long time sounds like an opportunity.

RV/camping Lot Rentals? - Posted by ShawnNC

Posted by ShawnNC on May 29, 2008 at 14:23:31:

Hello all,

There are several relatively inexpensive RV/camping lots for sale at a lake near my home. Anyone out there own these type of lots and rent them out?

ShawnNC

Re: RV/camping Lot Rentals? - Posted by Ed in Idaho

Posted by Ed in Idaho on May 30, 2008 at 12:35:06:

Haven’t done that myself,… yet, but have thought about it in my area. But my area has a very high potential for RVers to come to because of what is around here. What does your area offer within say 2 hrs. of the lake, and is this lake in a central location? Is the lake a highly desirable place for Rvers to come to? So many questions and scenarios for this situation.

You’ll really have to open up your mind on this one to see all of the potential. Just to get you started, a couple of thoughts are 1) If the area is full of RVs looking for a place, buy it and rent out like you said. Maybe add something that sets your lots apart from the ordinary, like picnic tables (set in concrete) and BBQ pits 2) Treat it like a rehab. Buy low, fix it up, sell high maybe with owner financing. Create a note, keep or sell the note. Fixing may include landscaping, concrete pad, storage shed, covered awning, etc. etc. 3) Add an RV or small trailer to the lot, sell as a package deal.

Lots of possabilities, but make sure on those you really consider 3 things first. Location, location, location. I see a lot of abandoned RV parks around that have died simply because nobody wanted to be there. They didn’t offer enough in the sorrounding areas to make the people want to come there.

Re: RV/camping Lot Rentals? - Posted by Greg¶

Posted by Greg¶ on May 29, 2008 at 15:45:33:

I don’t but have heard of other people doing it, and they were happy with it. The key is to get a used park model and put it on there, then rent it out. Well, the key is to first make sure you are allowed to do that, then make sure you can charge enough to pay the fees and make a profit. But if you can collect year-round rents off an RV lot you should be in good shape.

Re: RV/camping Lot Rentals? - Posted by ShawnNC

Posted by ShawnNC on May 30, 2008 at 09:44:42:

I was thinking of just renting the lot out and people can bring their RV. Seasonal aspect of it may not make sense though in terms of cash flow. I read somewhere that some RV parks will handle the rental of the lot and then you split the rental with them.

May be a better idea to find one dirt cheap and then sell it with owner financing like a LD.