sec 8/ 5 br feasible? - Posted by Todd

Posted by Kim on July 21, 2003 at 23:41:44:

Todd, you are generally correct. You can go to your local PHA and talk with them about the Sec.8 program. They will likely have a landlord package that will give you a good idea about what they require from the landlord and also the FMR they will allow to be charged. You didn’t say where you are located and payments vary depending on where the property is located.

HTH

sec 8/ 5 br feasible? - Posted by Todd

Posted by Todd on July 21, 2003 at 21:05:23:

I have a property i could turn into a 5br and was curious if anyone has experience if there is much of a market for them? It will be my first sec8 if i do it. I have always heard the more br’s the better off you are with a sec8. Any input?

Re: sec 8/ 5 br feasible? - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on July 22, 2003 at 08:58:50:

we just rented a 5BR house in MD on Section 8 and had no problems finding a tenant.

NT

Re: sec 8/ 5 br feasible? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 22, 2003 at 24:26:21:

Todd----------------

I second Kim’s suggestion. There may be an especially high rent available for large units like that, if there is a limited supply of them.

Also, try to find some other section 8 property owners who have large properties to talk to. You might find them buy going to the library and reading rental ads for the past month or two, especially those who say “sec 8 ok.”

Good Investing**********Ron Starr********************