seller changes price of home. - Posted by Heidi

Posted by Al Pecherer on June 20, 2006 at 14:54:32:

Unless you’re leaving out some critical details, I’d be very, very surprised if a strongly worded letter from an atty, on atty letterhead, threatening a specific performance lawsuit wouldn’t fix the problem rapidly.

seller changes price of home. - Posted by Heidi

Posted by Heidi on June 12, 2006 at 14:56:29:

We ‘bought’ a house on May 30th, our realtor submitted our paperwork and the sellers
realtor accepted it and his seller and his wife signed to accept our offer. The ‘seller’ is also a licensed real estate agent. The house is vacant and we are
waiting for a closing date from the seller. My realtor just called to let us know that the sellers agent called
to say that they have decided to increase the price of the house by $75,000 if we still want it. My realtor talked
to his broker and they are at a loss… they say all the paperwork is ‘clean’ … I am sitting in tears, two weeks
of packed boxes and shattered dreams… How can someone sign something so important and then want more
money later ? Is there a legal recourse ?

Re: seller changes price of home. - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on June 14, 2006 at 12:36:10:

Heidi,

I’m wondering if you have a ratified contract. The close date is one of the terms agreed to in the contract.

If your contract is truly ratified and seller refuses to close, you need to hire an attorney ASAP, as in TODAY, to file a lawsuit and lis pendins.

–Natalie

Re: seller changes price of home. - Posted by BTI

Posted by BTI on June 12, 2006 at 17:15:02:

Heidi

Tell your agent you have a valid contract and rather then spend any money on the house you are going to invest some in an attorney and a specific performance lawsuit, and if the seller is a licensed agent you can bet the judge will give him little sympathey.

Hold to your original amount, and I would not hesitate to complain to everyone about the ethics of this agent.

BTI

ATTORNEY - Posted by jason

Posted by jason on June 12, 2006 at 17:56:54:

GET ONE NOW! And watch them stick to the price you all agreed to. And what do you mean by ‘clean’ paperwork?