selling a house - Posted by jamie

Posted by BTI on June 12, 2006 at 10:19:20:

Jamie

I see no postings to your request. So, no there is no way to sell her share but you can sell yours. However, selling a partial share usually only gets you pennies on the dollar.

You give no facts for us to work with but I had a neighbor with a similiar problem. In his case the property was rented and I suggested he sell his share to the tenant and by being a half owner the tenant was legally entitled to occupy the premises, so the tenant bought my neighbors half and quit paying rent.

Eventually, the sister saw the light and sold the tenant her half too. Result he got top dollar for the situation, no court action needed to force a sale. He also got to go to family functions without his pain in the rear sister being there and offering to buy his half for a nickle. As a matter of fact she had to take a serious discount to sell her half to the tenant. Alls well, that ends well.

BTI

selling a house - Posted by jamie

Posted by jamie on May 31, 2006 at 10:55:09:

My sister and I own a house in South Carolina but we live in NJ. I want to sell the house but she doesn’t. Can I sell the house without her. If I can, how do I go about doing this.

Thank you.