Selling...which form to use? - Posted by Mike (IN)

Posted by Harley-CA on March 21, 2001 at 18:36:38:


Your local office supply store should have copies of your state’s accepted real estate sale contract. Just have your buyer fill out a standard “offer to purchase” contract (from the office supply store) or a local real estate agent.

Then, simply have your buyer or you open an escrow account with your local title company with a closing date to match the closing date on the “offer to purchase.” Have your buyer place an earnest money deposit with the title company to be held by them until closing.

That’s about it.

If you have any further questions, be sure and call your local title company (yellow pages) and they will be happy to answer ANY questions you might have. Don’t be shy or think you have to sound like you “know it all” when talking to a title officer. They are always eager to help you so ask away!

Hope this helps.


Selling…which form to use? - Posted by Mike (IN)

Posted by Mike (IN) on March 21, 2001 at 07:46:47:

Was marketing one of my homes as a Lease/Option and a prospective buyer wants to buy now rather than on a lease/option.

What form do I use? I have Bronchick’s cash cow & lease/options courses but don’t see any forms for an outright purchase?

Please advise.