Setting up a Trust for a L/O... Worth It??? - Posted by Nick O

Posted by Brent_IL on September 11, 2003 at 15:46:35:

You asked if people use Gatten’s materials and services. Yes, they do. An EHTrust is not a L/O because it is a revocable trust, but it can accomplish the same objectives as a L/O in, in my sole opinion, a better way.

Setting up a Trust for a L/O… Worth It??? - Posted by Nick O

Posted by Nick O on September 09, 2003 at 13:15:34:

Haven’t seen really anyone talk about this. To me it seems it would be benificial in many ways. Has anyone done this and is it worth it???
Thanks for the help!
Nick O

Re: Setting up a Trust for a L/O… Worth It??? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on September 09, 2003 at 13:48:42:

www.landtrust.net

Re: Setting up a Trust for a L/O… Worth It??? - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on September 11, 2003 at 14:26:53:

Brent,

You seem to be happy with the PACTrist concept. Tell me . . . do you utilize the services of NARS or do you administrate these types of deals through your own trustee(s) and business entities?

Brad

Re: Setting up a Trust for a L/O… Worth It??? - Posted by Nick O

Posted by Nick O on September 10, 2003 at 10:35:30:

Thanks A LOT Brent! Has anyone ever used this co for a Lease Option?

Re: Setting up a Trust for a L/O… Worth It??? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on September 11, 2003 at 16:01:57:

Hi Brad,

Yes, I think highly of NARS.

I didn’t learn about NARS until sometime after everything came to a screeching halt when I had the strokes. When things were going full-tilt, I used land trusts with corporate trustees via attorneys for many of the deals. In Illinois, you can go down to LaSalle Street and throw a rock and you’ll hit a lawyer who has significant land trust experience. It’s no big deal here.

When I resume full operations (hopefully by Christmas), I intend to pass everything over to NARS. It may be slightly more expensive than doing it in house, but I don’t care anymore and it would be nice to have someone else responsible for ensuring that things run smoothly.

I also like that if I call NARS, Bill will pick up the phone.

Brent

Thousands of folks, in lieu of L/O. - NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on September 11, 2003 at 10:53:52: