Sheeets Type Investing in So. CA - Posted by TonyI

Posted by ANA on April 21, 2001 at 18:24:01:

Hi, I was just reading your follow up about Sheets you sent to someone requesting more info. I just want to know… is it for real?
I know all is about how much effort and time you invest into it, but my fear is to do that and not get anything
back and that south cal would’nt lend itself to it.

Sheeets Type Investing in So. CA - Posted by TonyI

Posted by TonyI on November 26, 1999 at 14:32:55:

I am interested in getting into a Carleton Sheets type of program but I am concerned that a program like this may not fly in southern California. The reason is the real estate prices are VERY high and it is a seller’s market. My personal situation is as follows:

1. Good Credit
  2. Solid Employment (CPA)
  3. Liquid Assets< $50,000
  4. No Debt (except student loans)

Please comment

Re: Sheeets Type Investing in So. CA - Posted by Shavar

Posted by Shavar on November 27, 1999 at 03:40:51:

Hi Tonyl,

Don’t be discouraged. Sheets program I believe can work anywhere. I live in Los Angeles and its all about being creative and dealing with motivated sellers. Also, going a little outside our area where homes are even cheaper may be even better.

Shavar

Re: Sheeets Type Investing in So. CA - Posted by T Smith

Posted by T Smith on November 27, 1999 at 01:45:30:

Hey you need to relocate or get a timeshare property and take trip to Orlando,FL the market is booming or any were in Central,Fl because many people are moving here and they need somewere to stay because apartment rent is going up just like Carlton stated. Example Apartements want 1st & last months rent and a sec dedosit that is a cool 1,800.00 and rent is 650 an up that is a downpayment and a morgage note for a home. Need I say More.

Re: Sheeets Type Investing in So. CA - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on November 26, 1999 at 16:59:52:

Tony,

One of the easiest ways to determine whether or not a particular strategy works in your neck of the woods is to try. One of the givens in this business is the statement “That won’t work here.” While some folks are espousing that theory, others are out there proving them wrong on a daily basis.

I hope that you proceed with this new endeavor, and I wish you well as you go forward.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)