short sales - Posted by betty

Posted by keith hutson on September 17, 2003 at 19:31:29:

am I understanding this correctly…you request a “pack” from the bank, short-sale packet? Then you submit and request a postponement of sending it to auction?

Thanks
Keith Hutson

short sales - Posted by betty

Posted by betty on September 16, 2003 at 22:35:57:

hello,
can anyone recommend an agent who is a 'short sale ’ expert? I need one asap. thanks

Re: short sale facilitator - Posted by TheShortSalePro

Posted by TheShortSalePro on September 17, 2003 at 05:44:07:

I work with real estate brokers and their agents across the USA with their short sale listings, acting as a liaison between the Seller, the Mortgagee, and the Broker in the structure of preforeclosure short sale transactions.

Email me privately.

Re: short sale facilitator - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on September 17, 2003 at 09:36:46:

There is a sherriff sale scheduled in 2 weeks. Will the seller’s lender accept a short sale if I am not able to close in 2 weeks?

Dan

Re: short sale facilitator - Posted by MattFL

Posted by MattFL on September 17, 2003 at 10:03:28:

Have you already ordered the short sale packet? If not, do it immediately. If you have the packet completed, send it in and on your cover page formally request a postponement of the auction date. Let them know you have a buyer and when the buyer will be able to close. Some lenders will allow a postponement, some won’t. A bit of caution though, if you are sending in a really low offer, the lender may feel that they can get more at the auction and let it go there. If happened to me before. If they don’t get more at the auction they will just take it back and maybe sell to you. Do they already have an offer from you? If they don’t, perhaps you should request a postponement before you submit your offer. It’s not going to hurt anything to try. Whatever you do, do not ask the lender if they will accept a short sale. Just order the packet and assume that they will. If you have to ask, they may think you don’t know what you’re doing.

Re: short sale facilitator - Posted by James (FL)

Posted by James (FL) on September 17, 2003 at 15:08:40:

I have another question along this line, and I hope you don’t mind me asking it since it pertains to this also. I recenlty requested a short sale package from Chase. They require that the home be listed. How does the listing agent get paid top list the home? Does his commission come out of whatever you agree topay the bank for the property. i already have a contract signed. Have not done a Contarct for deed yet since it is an FHA loan, I do not want to shoot myself in the foot by transfering the property into my name before hand. I have a realtor who agreed to list it for $500 as long as he does nto have to show it etc. I told him I am the one buying the prop and it just needs to be listed to satisfy the bank. Please give me any advice on how you may have dealt with this in the past.
Thank you

James