Should I Buy Property in My Name or my Business? - Posted by Elizabeth

Posted by Elizabeth on August 14, 2003 at 11:11:31:

Thanks for your entertaining and yet useless posting.

Should I Buy Property in My Name or my Business? - Posted by Elizabeth

Posted by Elizabeth on August 07, 2003 at 20:40:55:

Hi,

I’m just getting into investing and have several contracts pending for purchase of properties.

My question is should I amend the contracts to indicate that my corporation is buying the properties or leave them in my name personally? After reading some of the postings here regarding liability, I’m concerned about doing the right thing.

Thanks for your response.

Elizabeth

Not in your name. - Posted by Ann

Posted by Ann on August 16, 2003 at 05:21:06:

It depends. Do your contracts say “and or assigns” which, I believe would allow you to assign a contrac to your corp? Then, of course sign for the corp as the officer of the corp. That’s a start. That’s the question to ask.

NEVER keep the property in your name.
You might want to do a search of the archives here on liability vs anonymity. Look into TRUSTS for anonymity, Corp for liability. since you already have the corp, search your state’s Sec of State Division of Corporations to see what can be found out about you by someone through a simple search or through freedom of information act.
There are some articles on this site on trusts in the articles or How To section.
Hope this helps. Maybe there should be a discussion ( I haven’t checked) on the “and/or assigns” possibilities.

No, No, use MY name! ;)nt - Posted by I.R.

Posted by I.R. on August 13, 2003 at 20:38:21:

x