Simple Man's Guide to Real Estate - Posted by Jerry Mathis

Posted by Rolfe on April 08, 2000 at 11:14:09:

I’m not familiar with the “Simple Mans…”, but you may want to try the other news group at this site, which often references Sheets, etc.

Good Luck! Rolfe

Simple Man’s Guide to Real Estate - Posted by Jerry Mathis

Posted by Jerry Mathis on April 08, 2000 at 11:02:10:

About three weeks ago I purchased the Sheets course. I am now realizing that the same information can be found for much less expense elsewhere, so I am going to send it back. One thing that had been recommeded to me was the Simple Man’s Guide to Real Estate. The program is inexpensive, so I don’t think that it would be a wasted investment.

Has anyone received this course and use it along with the software that comes with it? I would just like to get some feedback before I commit to purchasing it. It sounds like it goes a little more in depth as to the actual mechanics of real estate transactions as compared to some others. Being a newbie, that’s what I need!!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Jerry

Re: Simple Man’s Guide to Real Estate - Posted by JohnB_NJ

Posted by JohnB_NJ on April 08, 2000 at 20:11:04:

Jerry,

I purchased that course 2 1/2 years ago. I found it to be somewhat useful. The first course I purchased was Carleton Sheets. As soon as I received Sheets course, I put it to use but I was hungry for more information and one day (don’t remember how I found his site)I stumbled onto the site that sells “Simple Man’s Guide to RE”. Since the price was right I purchased it. I learned a little more about L/O, Land Contracts and various other techniques. One thing I did notice when I received the course is that it contains Sheet’s contracts. For example, “Simple Mans…” lease agreement is exactly the same as Sheets. That made me go “HMMM…copywrite infringement???” After reading the “Simple Man’s…” I relized that the Sheets course was just as good.
Then I discovered CREOnline and “Simple Man’s…” course has collected dust ever since. JP and Terry do an excellant job of providing top quality courses. My favorites are Bronchick’s and Kaiser’s materials. If you want to learn about buying Discounted Notes check out John Behle’s and Terry Vaughan’s materials.
So, check out some of the courses here…and IMHO don’t waste your money on “Simple Man’s…”

Have a nice day … and good investing!

-John

PS: I don’t know what “Simple Man’s…” goes for these days, but if you must have it…I will sell you mine, at a discount, of course 8^) . Last copywrite date on it is 1998.

PPS: Oh, forgot to mention, my third useful course was Scott Britton’s “Sure Fired Quick Start Guide for Real Estate Success”. I found the course to contain very good information for the Newbie. It set the foundation for my “creative” investing business. I made some very good money with that course and Scott was available to answer some questions I had when I put my first few deals together. I do beleive you can purchase that course here as well. Good luck to you!

Re: Simple Man’s Guide to Real Estate - Posted by Jose Tx

Posted by Jose Tx on April 08, 2000 at 13:32:14:

Jerry,

Since you already have Sheets course, you might want to
consider going forward and using his course to buy one
investment that will pay for his (Sheet’s)course and
other courses for future references (especially courses
from this site).

It’s great to built and have one’s own Real Estate
Investment Library to use and cherish for as long as we
can. Keep in mind that the courses you buy are the
courses that will provide you with your financial
independence. So why not built a library to have on
display, just as you would any award or throphy you may
have earned. The additional value of courses is that
they will always be there for us to use to continue
rewarding ourselves and our loved ones for as long as
we want.

Heck, by the time you send the courses back and wait
for new one’s, you can be rewarded 10 times what the
course cost you. It should’nt be the price of the
course but what you the buyer of any course is commited to do with any course you may buy.

Once I bought a book from Mark Haroldson and mailed it back because I had access to free investment literature from a friend. 3 years later I re-purchased another copy of the same book from Mark Haroldson and made $57,000. in 30 days by using one of his examples. I still have that copy and always will.

One of my motto’s is to make the best use of any and all courses.

Just my $1.00’s worth.

Jose, TX