Simultaneous Closing or Assisgnment? - Posted by Kevin-Baltimore

Posted by Warner(ATL) on May 25, 2000 at 07:42:52:

Ben,

I think the answer lies in the potential resentment of your seller when they look at the Hud statement and see that you are making a profit off of their home. I usually do not tell the seller I am flipping the property until closing (if then), or a situation arises where the the deal may be jeopardized. My rule is if 3k and under I “may” assign and tell the seller I am flipping. I’m not concerned with the approximate $300 extra closing costs incurred in a simo if I am still making a profit.

Warner

Simultaneous Closing or Assisgnment? - Posted by Kevin-Baltimore

Posted by Kevin-Baltimore on May 24, 2000 at 09:03:06:

I was recently faced with a delimma about whether to do an assignment of a contract or do a simultaneous closing. According to Ron LeGrande, one should do simultaneous closings whenever possible. The only problem with that is the title companies want to charge you for two separate closings. I would really take a beating on profits!

However, unlike the simultaneous closings where the buyer doesn’t know how much you are making, the assignment exposes it all. So my question is which do I do when wholesaling properties?

I would appreciate any advice on the subject…

Thanks,

Kevin-Baltimore

My rule of thumb - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on May 24, 2000 at 09:15:24:

under 4K assign
over simul
Pat

WHY?? (nt) - Posted by Ben in Ohio

Posted by Ben in Ohio on May 25, 2000 at 06:50:21:

(nt)

Re: WHY?? (nt) - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on May 25, 2000 at 11:23:34:

People seem to have a problem with me making more than 4K when flipping (at least it appears that way)
Pat