small MH park - Posted by Karen

Posted by cc on May 21, 2000 at 23:45:15:

Someone else probable will know more about this than me. However I would get that is a second.

small MH park - Posted by Karen

Posted by Karen on May 21, 2000 at 23:24:57:

A realtor has a listing for a 6 space MH park, all spots occupied at present. Price: $26,000. This is in SE TX, which tends to be a rather low income area and the town it is in is one of the MH capitals of the state. I haven’t seen the site personally. I’m wondering if this is a good deal, or is it overpriced? Thanks.

Re: small MH park - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on May 24, 2000 at 12:51:44:

Karen,

What is the lot rent? What does the owner supply included in the lot rent (such as water, sewer, trash pick-up, etc.)? Are the utilities public or private? How much land is with it? Any room for expansion? Can the owners supply the income and expenses for the past couple of years?

If you can answer those questions, I can help you do the valuation.

ray

Do Your Due Diligents… - Posted by Jack-NY

Posted by Jack-NY on May 22, 2000 at 01:11:00:

Numbers always sound good from a Realtors standpoint. You need to do your due diligents and research the income and expense records, verify current lot rents, vacancy and collection loss, current vacancy percents, improvements of the park if any, does the park rent out the homes or do the homeowners own there own home, etc. You need to collect this information before even considering if the price looks good or if this would be a good deal or not.