Small towns - Posted by Susan

Posted by susan on March 09, 2001 at 20:11:15:

Hi Susan.
Where in upstate New York do you live? I live in Binghamton. Prices of houses here are relatvely cheap. I have heard that this is so in Utica as well. I had ordered the C.S program a while ago and still study it. There is an investment group in this area, but I have not yet spoken to anyone about it, Right now, I’m debating whether or not to purchase a 3 bedroom house in a really bad area, which is selling for 4,000 dollars, total.
Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Susan

Small towns - Posted by Susan

Posted by Susan on February 27, 2001 at 18:03:49:

I live in a small, economically depressed town in southern Missouri. I have been interested in Carlton Sheets program but I was wondering if this area is promising or does that have anything to do with it? There are MANY fixer upper houses here that sell below 20k. Thanks for any info.
Susan

a good source for help… - Posted by Anne-ND

Posted by Anne-ND on March 14, 2001 at 08:42:09:

…on this subject is the archives over on Newsgroup I. Do a search on ‘small towns’ or ‘rural’ and see what comes up. A number of regulars there do CRE in rural areas, and there have been some good posts in the past on what to look out for in particular. For instance, it’s not possible to say whether the 3 bedroom house for $4,000 mentioned in the other post is a good deal without knowing things like what the local market is for rentals or seller-financed sales. A ‘bad’ area in Missouri might not be a ‘bad’ area in upstate NY. Get to know your market and apply the methods that work best for you.

Carleton Sheets (and all the other CRE guru materials) DO work in your area if you put in the effort and don’t get discouraged.

Good luck!

Anne

Small towns - Posted by Susan Gould

Posted by Susan Gould on March 01, 2001 at 24:12:42:

Hi Susan
I live in upstate New York and the prices on housing here are relatively low. I am just starting out with investing and I’m curious about the prices in Missouri. What is the name of this town you live in and what is the population?

Susan

Re: Small towns - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Greg NY on March 14, 2001 at 15:05:14:

Ms Gould,

I was wondering where in Upstate NY are you?

I’m living/investing in Syracuse.

Greg NY

Re: Small towns - Posted by Marie

Posted by Marie on March 06, 2001 at 11:54:33:

Susan,
I also live in upstate New York and am thinking about ordering CS program. Do you think this program will work for this area? Also, do you know of any real estate investing group in this area?
Marie

Re: Small towns - Posted by Susan

Posted by Susan on March 14, 2001 at 20:18:03:

Hi Greg, I live in Binghamton. What type of properties are you investing in, and do you do it full time?

Susan